- Core return can be any Small Block Chevy 350ci engine, except 1992-1997 LT1 style engines
- Exhaust: 1-5/8" Headers
- Firing Order: 18436572
- Octane: 87+
- Oil: 10W30 (Conventional / Non Synthetic)
- Oil Filter: Wix or K&N
- Spark Plug Gap: .035"
- Stall Converter: 2200-2500
- Timing: 34-36 Degrees
- Balancer: Internal balance
- Carburetor: Quick Fuel 680cfm vacuum secondary electric choke #793-HR-680-VS
- Distributor: HEI (iron gear)
- Flexplate/Flywheel: External balance 1987-Up
- Intake Manifold: Weiand Stealth dual plane #925-8150
- Fuel Pump: Holley Mechanical 110gph #510-12-327-11
- Spark Plugs: Autolite #417-3923
- Spark Plug Wires: 8mm
- Water Pump: OE long pump
Disclaimer: The parts listed are ATK's recommendations of parts to be used to obtain the power figures listed. Power figures can vary based on parts used by the end user. Some modifications to the vehicle may be required using these and or other aftermarket parts.
Engine Break-In Procedure
Use or break-in oil or conventional (non-synthetic) 10w30 oil with zinc additive for the first 500 miles of operation. Do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed. Do not tow a trailer or put other heavy loads on the vehicle. It is best to avoid long periods of idling during this period. Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
Engines with flat tappet hydraulic cams only - Run the engine between 2,000 and 2,500 RPM's, with no-load on the engine for the first 30 minutes. Let the engine cool down completely and repeat process 2-3 more times. Do not idle the engine for any extended period at this time, this is critical to break in the camshaft.
At 500 Miles change the engine oil and filter using conventional (non-synthetic) oil with a zinc additive. Check fuel and ignition settings, adjust valves (where applicable). Drive the next 500 miles normally, without high RPM's (below 5000 RPM), hard use, or extended periods of high loading or long periods of idling.
Change the oil and oil filter again at 1,000 miles. Continue using conventional (non-synthetic) oils and zinc additive, until about 4,000 miles. At that point, you may run a quality 10w30 synthetic oil if you choose. Use of oil with zinc or a zinc additive for the life of your engine is recommended.
Streetable Small Block Chevy Performance
In 2007, ATK launched a High-Performance Division with one of the finest engine shops in the country. By reverse engineering all of their engines, ATK is able to eliminate any OEM deficiencies, making an ATK built crate engine a superior design over the original engine design by incorporating better components when needed. Quality built Chevy 350 engines are offered in three different stages for ease of finishing an engine swap. ATK HP engines feature a 24 month/unlimited mile warranty.
Great crate engine with a noticeable idle, very street able with lots of power.
- Horsepower: 365 hp
- Torque: 400 ft.-lbs.
- Seasoned OE 4 bolt main 1pc seal 1996-2000
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040 in. x 3.480 in.
- Displacement: 350 ci
- Crankshaft: OE Reground 1 piece seal crank
- Balance: External rear, internal front
- Rods: OE powder metal 5.7 in.
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Pistons: Hypereutectic
- Rings: Moly
- Camshaft: Hydraulic roller
- Cam Duration @ .050 in.: Intake 220 / Exhaust 224
- Cam Lift: Intake .528 in. / Exhaust .536 in.
- Lobe Separation Angle: 110 LSA
- Timing Chain: Double roller
Cylinder Head Information:
- Cylinder Heads: ATK American Made aluminum
- Combustion Chamber: 70 cc
- Intake Runner: 185 cc
- Valve Size: 2.02 in. Intake / 1.60 in. Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Billet aluminum roller rockers 1.6 ratio
Oil Pan Information:
- Oil Pan: Rear sump 5qt (not for Chevelles with steering behind crossmember, some Corvettes, and 1962-1967 Chevy II's
- Oil Pump: Melling standard volume
- Short Block
- Timing Set
- Cylinder Heads
- Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump & Pickup Tube
Mid Dress Engines
- Consists of Base Engine Build
- Intake Manifold
- Water Pump
- Harmonic Balancer
- Flex Plate
- Consists of Mid Dress Engine Build
- Fuel Pump
- Carburetor or EFI
- Spark Plug Wires
- Spark Plugs
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.