1996-2002 L31 Vortec Heavy-Duty
Chevy 350 Vortec heavy-duty replacement engine will provide the OE horsepower and torque specifications while adding high-quality durable internals for long-term reliability. New harmonic balancer, oil pan, timing cover, and valve covers come pre-installed allowing less labor time swapping parts around. This engine features precision machine work and final cylinder honing all on computer-controlled machinery.
- Horsepower: 255 HP
- Torque: 330 ft.-lbs.
- Displacement: 350 ci, 5.7L
- Cast iron
- 4-bolt main
- 1-piece rear main seal
- 9.025 in. deck height
- 4.000 in. bore
- Dipstick provisions on both driver and passenger side
- Mechanical fuel pump capable (no eccentric on camshaft)
- Stroke: 3.480 in.
- Crankshaft: Forged 1053 steel
- Balance: External rear, internal front
- Rods: Powdered metal 5.7 in.
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Pistons: Hypereutectic with graphite coating
- Rings: Mahle Clevite
- Camshaft: Hydraulic roller
- Cam Duration @ .050 in.: Intake 191 / Exhaust 196
- Cam Lift: Intake 0.414 in. / Exhaust 0.428 in.
- Timing Chain: Single-row roller chain
Cylinder Head Information:
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec cast iron
- Combustion Chamber: 64 cc
- Intake Runner: 165 cc
- Valve Size: 1.940 in. Intake / 1.500 in. Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel 1.5
- Valve Seats: Alloy insert
Oil Pan Information:
- Oil Pan: Black 4 quart
- Oil Pump: Melling stock pressure and volume
Long Block Includes
- Short Block
- Timing Set
- Cylinder Heads
- Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump & Pickup Tube
19432779 supersedes 12691672
Does this engine come with flat top pistons or are they the dish type?
Will this vortec engine for in my 1979 chevy C-30 Scottsdale truck?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.