Pinto Manual Rack & Pinions
- OEM Design Style:71-72 Ford Pinto
- Steering Design:Front Steer
- Total Weight:12 lbs.
- Housing Material:Die Cast Aluminum
- Tube Material:Carbon Steel
- Tube Plating:Chrome
- Rack Gain:1.3" per turn
- No. Turns Lock-to-Lock:3.75
- Total Rack Travel:5.25"
- Overall Length (end to end):45.75"
- Housing Length:18.5"
- Housing O.D.:1.940" (both ends)
- Input Shaft Angle:72°
- Input Shaft Spline Size:9/16"-26
- Input Shaft Length:4.07"
- Pivot Points:24.29"
- Inner End Diameter:14mm (.551")
- Inner End Thread Size:1/2"-20
- Driver Side Mount:Foot (2 bolts req'd)
- Passenger Side Mount:Strap
- Spike Mount Center to Center Distance:N/A
- Bellows Material:Rubber
These direct replacement lightweight rack and pinions are ideal for drag race or pro street applications. Flaming River racks are all completely new units, designed with the highest quality castings and components. Manual steering racks are responsive, stronger, and lighter than OEM racks and come in a variety of ratios, lengths, and pivot points.
- Ideal for Drag Race or Street Applications
- Completely New "Not Rebuilt"
- More Responsive, Stronger & Lighter
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.