6-Series Digital Ignition Controls
MSD's Digital 6AL Ignition has the same footprint as the original 6AL yet incorporates a sleeker, lower profile and relocated rev limiter. The limiter is on top of the housing for easy access to the two rotary dials that control the rev limit in 100 RPM increments. To simplify installation and keep things tidy, all wiring is routed out one end of the ignition box through a sealed connector. Inside the Digital 6AL Ignition, a microprocessor manages and monitors every firing while high-efficiency circuits make more power using less current.
- Compatible on 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines with 12-volt negative ground electrical systems
- Same bolt pattern as traditional 6AL but with low-profile housing
- Delivers 530 volts to the coil with up to 135mJ of spark energy per firing
- Efficient internals draw less current to produce more power
- Set rev limit in 100 RPM increments with two rotary dials
- All wires exit on the same side via sealed/locked connector
- Accepts trigger inputs from breaker points, amplifiers, and magnetic pickups
- Includes wiring harness, necessary installation components, and vibration mounts
- Built-in LED for system checks
- CARB E.O Number D-40-43
- Spark Energy: 135 to 145 mJ
- Primary Voltage: 520 to 540
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000
- Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 with 14.4 volts
- Required Voltage: 12 to 15 (7-volt start)
- Current Draw: 0.7 amp per 1,000 RPM
- Size: 8" L x 4" W x 1.825" H
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
MSD 6-Series Ignitions set the standard for quick starts, increased power, smooth idle, crisp throttle response and reduced spark plug fouling. MSD ignitions are available in a several styles and install easily in a variety of applications.Digital 6A: Base model with multiple sparking, capacitive discharge (CD) ignition control.
Will an HEI distributor work with this product?
Will a MSD 3-step module work with this ignition?
Will MSD 6AL Digital ignition control work with Pertronix Flame Thrower ignition II distributor.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.