Magnum-F 6-Speed transmissions are designed as a replacement for 1998-2002 GM F-bodies with the addition of the durable and robust components found in the Magnum T-56. The benefits of using this transmission include the correct shifter position, maintaining factory torque arm location, and a longer length than the Magnum T-56. The further back shifter location makes fitment ideal for GM 3rd/4th Gen F-bodies, A80 Supras, FD RX-7s, and many more.
- Stronger Input Shaft
- Can Withstand up to 700 ft-lbs of Torque
- Increased Face Widths
- Redesigned Shift Forks
- 2-Piece Laser-Beam Welded Construction
- Modified Transmission Case
- Provisions for Cooler Circuit
- Direct replacement for 1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird with the exception of changing the slip yoke to 31-spline from the stock 27-spline
- Direct fit when installed with an LS1 or LS2 using the factory bellhousing. Later model engines will require a different pilot bearing
- Accepts the factory 1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird internal slave cylinder/throwout bearing
- The included shifter is an isolator type unit similar to the Magnum XL shifter and will not accept the 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird shifter lever. For proper console fitment without modifications, a 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird style shifter is required
- Speedometer Pulses: 17T
- Fluid Capacity: 4 qt.
- Recommended Fluid: Tremec HP-MTF, Dexron-III, Mobil 1 ATF
- Dry Weight: 128 lbs.
- RPM Rating: 7,800 (May vary base on use, weight, driveline configurations, and quality of installation)
- Input Shaft Length: 6.460 in.
- Overall Length: 31.800 in.
- Shifter Location from Rear Face of Block/Front Face of Bellhousing: 29.400 in.
- Crossmember Mounting Location from Rear Face of Block/Front Face of Bellhousing: 26.600 in.
- Crossmember Mounting Location from Mainshaft Centerline: 3.400 in.
The Ultimate Manual Transmission
The kingpin of the Tremec high-performance line-up, the all-new Magnum 6-Speed takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the all-business TKO 5-speed. Able to withstand a massive 700 lb-ft. of torque, while providing unbelievably crisp shifts, no other brand of manual transmission on the planet offers as much combined strength, versatility, and general ease of use as the Magnum 6-speed.
The Magnum is an aftermarket version of the same transmission found in many of today's most celebrated factory super cars-including the ZR1 Corvette and sinister ACR Viper. A world-class transmission in every respect, it's the best transmission on the market for those who will accept nothing less. Bellhousings not included.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.