GM Gen IV LS
Melling MDK300 AFM Delete Kit Includes:
- (1) MC1390 AFM Delete Camshaft
- (16) JB-2079 Non-AFM Hydraulic Roller Lifters
- (4) MLG100 Lifter Guides for Non-AFM Engines
- (1) MF127 Thrust Plate
- (1) VCTO-1000 VVT Oil Control Valve
Melling MDK300 AFM Delete Kit Notes:
- The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) must be reprogrammed to turn off the Active Fuel Management System
- Push rod length must be checked for correct length during assembly
- The VLOM (Valve Lifter Oil Manifold) must be changed to a non-AFM valley cover such as JEGS 555-50342 (sold separately) or equivalent
Does this cam require a separate tune or can it run on the stock tune with an AFM disabler
Are you able to use the stock converter with this cam and what are projected torque ratings with said cam.
Can a hotter cam be used with this delete kit ?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.