Precise Cam Timing With No HP Loss!
Even though Milodon Gear Drives are designed for ''All Out Competition'', they work equally well in any application, including street. When installed properly, these units will virtually last indefinitely due to the wear and their overall brute strength. Cam timing accuracy and consistency are the key to accessing 100% of the cam's available power. A timing chain or an ''easy to install'' $150 gear drive unit can not provide this.
Milodon's professionally proven ''Fixed Idler Gear'' system is capable of maintaining the precise cam timing required to allow the release of this power. Cam timing adjustments are effortless to perform via the two piece cam gear and cam hub assembly that is accessible on the Full Cover Style Assembly through the removable billet cam cover. The adjustment is achieved by changing the position of the cam gear on the cam hub. A simple bolt-on procedure with no offset dowels or keys to mess with. Each movement is detailed on a provided chart which gives the exact position for the desired amount of advance or retard, once top dead center is found.
A professional style three gear unit, unlike a four gear type, does not rob any power from the engine to run. The billet steel gears mounted solidly to the block, will not and can not, allow the timing to vary, unlike a flexible belt or chain. These factors add up to increased horsepower output and higher RPM potential.
- Fixed idler gears offer more power than a timing chain or a floating idler gear
- Maintains set timing at high revs
- Steel billet gears do not flex unlike all other flexible chaina or belt drives
- Allows precise camshaft degreeing using adjustable bolt pattern cam gear and hub assembly
- Incorporates a full cast aluminum front cover with a removable cam cover that allows quick and easy access to the cam gear for adjustments and cam removal
- Fixed idler gear mounts solidly into the main cover itself which fully compensates for any crank position
- Uses positive cam end play adjustment and a three-piece roller bearing behind the cam gear to control cam movement, reduce power-robbing drag and stop block face wear
- No block machining is required
- Stock mechanical fuel pump may be used on some engines
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.