An LSX with Big-Block Power!
With the LSX Bowtie block, Chevrolet has built a 21st century 454 with the latest technology. It's lighter and more compact than an original Big-Block 454 - while delivering Big-Block output of 627 hp and 586 lb.-ft. - but requires no more space under the hood than a production LS engine. The LSX454 is filled with an all-forged, super-tough rotating assembly and features a pair of our deep-breathing LSX six-bolt cylinder heads. It also comes dressed with great-looking, orange powder-coated valve covers with engraved ''LSX454'' logos.
Chevrolet Performance delivers the engine without an intake manifold and other accessories. Use LSX-LS7 single plane carbureted intake manifold (p/n 809-19244033). The LSX454 valve covers do not include provisions for mounting ignition coil brackets. Aftermarket or custom relocation brackets must be obtained. It also includes an 8-bolt crankshaft flange that may require an adapter for use with some transmissions.
LSX454 TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: LSX-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 454ci (7.4L)
- Bore x Stroke: 4.185'' x 4.125'' (106.3mm x 104.8mm)
- Block: LSX cast-iron with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft: 4340 forged steel with 8-bolt flange
- Connecting Rods: 4340 forged steel
- Pistons: Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .648'' intake / .648'' exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 236° intake / 246° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum LSX-LS7 port; with ''as cast'' 70cc chambers
- Valve Size: 2.200'' titanium intake / 1.610'' hollow sodium-filled exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.8:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump (92 octane)
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6500
- Reluctor Wheel: 58x
- Balanced: Internal
JEGS Easy Kits are designed by JEGS high performance racing professionals to help you get all the performance parts you need for your race car, hot rod or truck.
Note: Standard GMPP 24-Month/50,000-Mile Crate Engine Warranty applies
LSX454 454ci Engine
LSX454 454ci Engine Kits
The Chevrolet LSX 454 crate engine is a crowd favorite. It’s known for its high performance and reliability. With an output of 627 horsepower, this engine will give your ride the power it needs. From resto-mods to purpose-built track cars, GM Chevrolet performance LSX 454 long block crate engines from JEGS are a great choice.
What Are Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine Common Pros and Cons?
The Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine’s main selling points are incredible horsepower and torque figures. The forged rotating assembly is another selling point that will have Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine fans drooling. Or course, there’s a price to pay for it.
Which Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine Are Best?
The complete 454 LSX 454 Crate engine kit is excellent for those doing a retrofit or building a new car from scratch. JEGS also covers you if you are looking for a classic car 454ci swap.
How Much Does A Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine Cost?
$14,000 is the ballpark figure for the Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine. This is a hefty price tag, but when you compare it to other engines in its class, the LSX 454 is a relative bargain.
No matter the project, JEGS has the Chevrolet LSX 454 Crate Engine for you. Whether you are looking for a high-performance engine for your race car or a reliable engine for your daily driver, the LSX 454 is a great choice.