ZL1 Camaro Power for Your Hot Rod!
Chevrolet Performance's LSA 6.2L supercharged crate engine is an increasingly popular choice for hot rod builders, thanks to its great balance of performance and value. For 2016, they have updated the LSA package with the production variant from the fifth-generation Camaro ZL1 featuring 556 horsepower and 551 lb.-ft. of torque. The ZL1-based assembly also has different intercooler assembly with repositioned coolant inlet and outlet ports, which makes installation easier for many retro-fit applications.
What hasn't changed are the core components that made the original engine tough and refined, including a unique aluminum cylinder block casting that's home to a forged steel crankshaft and super-tough reciprocating parts, and integrated piston-cooling oil jets. It also features high-flow cylinder heads that support the airflow pushed by a 1.9L Eaton TVS supercharger.
This ZL1 supercharged crate engine package comes fully dressed, from the top of the charge-cooled supercharger assembly to the ignition system, water pump, balancer and more. It also includes an 8-bolt crankshaft flange that may require an adapter for use with some transmissions. Use with LSA Controller Kit, p/n 809-19259293.
LSA SUPERCHARGED 6.2L TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: LS-Series Gen IV V8 Small Block
- Displacement: 376ci (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke: 4.065'' x 3.622'' (103.25mm x 92mm)
- Block: Cast aluminum with 6-bolt cross-bolted nodular iron main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel with 8-bolt flange
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift: .492'' Intake / .480'' Exhaust
- Camshaft Duration at .050'': 198° Intake / 216° Exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum L92 style port; as cast with 68cc chambers
- Valve Size: 2.16'' Intake / 1.59'' Exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
- Rocker Arms: 1.7:1 Ratio, Investment Cast, Roller Trunnion
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balance: Internal
- 1.9L Eaton high-helix, four-lobe rotor design supercharger with intercooler, Maximum boost is 9.0 psi (0.62 bar)
- Sequential fuel injection
- Oil pan-mounted oil cooler to manage engine oil temperature
- Block-mounted piston squirters to cool the pistons
- Direct-mounted ignition coils (located on the rocker covers)
- 87mm electronically controlled throttle body
Note: Computer electronics, engine cover and front drive accessory components (A/C, alternator, tensioner, pulleys, belts...etc) NOT included.
Chevrolet Performance *REMAN LSA Supercharged 6.2L Engine 556 HP @ 6100 RPM
Chevrolet Performance LSA Supercharged 376ci 6.2L Engine Kit with Oil Pan, 556 HP @ 6100 RPM
Chevrolet Performance LSA Supercharged 376ci 6.2L Engine Kit, 556 HP @ 6100 RPM
Engine Install Kits