Vintage Style and Modern Performance
Chevrolet Performance's unique Ram Jet 350 combines the classic look of the original Rochester mechanical injection system with the dependability and optimized performance of contemporary electronic port fuel injection.
They took their proven 350 Small-Block and topped it with an exclusive port fuel-injection system that emulates the look of Chevy's factory fuel-injection systems from the 1950s and '60s. It's the perfect choice for a resto-mod hot rod from the original Rochester era.
A brand-new engine block is matched with a durable rotating assembly that delivers a pump-gas friendly 9.4:1 compression ratio, as well as a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft that complements power delivery with a great idle quality. The engine's unique intake manifold and plenum is 9-3/4'' tall, offering plenty of clearance to fit under the hood of most vehicles without modifications.
The Ram Jet 350 crate engine kit includes a MEFI 4 engine controller, wiring harness and a detailed instruction guide to make adding this retro-style EFI system a complete DIY project. Some additional components are required, including a high-pressure fuel pump and front accessory drive system.
RAM JET 350 TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 350ci
- Bore x Stroke: 4.000'' x 3.480''
- Block: Cast-iron with two-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Cast-iron, 1-piece rear main seal
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .460'' intake / .481'' exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 196° intake / 206° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec cast-iron, 64cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size: 1.940'' intake / 1.500'' exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller rockers
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Water Pump: Cast-iron, long-style
- Distributor: HEI type
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
- Flywheel: 14'' diameter, 168-tooth (11.000''; 11.850'' clutch diameter)
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5600
- Balanced: External
JEGS Easy Kits are designed by JEGS high performance racing professionals to help you get all the performance parts you need for your race car, hot rod or truck.