Big-Torque Small Block 383 Stroker!
Chevrolet Performance's big-torque SP383 is more powerful than ever. Chevrolet added their revised cylinder heads that incorporate a new, high-rpm valvetrain to help the SP383 produce 435 horsepower and 445 lb.-ft of torque. The new, lightweight aluminum cylinder head casting is based on the proven Fast Burn design. They feature angle spark plugs (5/8" Hex, 3/4" Reach, Tapered Plugs), hollow-stem intake valves, sodium-filled exhaust valves, Blue beehive valve springs, steel retainers, machined steel spring seats and split key locks, D-shaped exhaust ports, dual intake bolt pattern, and both perimeter and center-bolt valve cover bolt patterns. The beehive-style valve springs enable greater high-rpm performance and durability, allowing the SP383 to rev higher and build more power to complement its low-rpm torque. JEGS has everything you need to finish off the engine and get this small-block stroker running in your vehicle faster!
SP383 DELUXE TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 383 ci
- Bore x Stroke: 4.000 in. x 3.800 in.
- Block: Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel, 1-piece rear main seal
- Connecting Rods: Heavy-duty PM steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .509 in. intake / .528 in. exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 222-degree intake / 230-degree exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: 'Fast Burn' aluminum, 62 cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size: 2.000 in. intake / 1.550 in. exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Water Pump: Cast-iron, long-style
- Flexplate: 12.750 in. diameter, 153-tooth
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36-degrees Total @ 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6000
- Balanced: External
- Recommended Carburetor: Holley 770 CFM (p/n 809-19170093) or (p/n 510-0-83770)
Note: This SP383 engine is a direct replacement for the discontinued ZZ383 engine. Not for use in marine applications.