The DIY Foundation for Big Torque!
It's simple: The ZZ502/502 Base crate engine is offered for builders who want the super-strong bottom end and high-flow aluminum oval-port cylinder heads, but also want to finish your engine, your way.
The ZZ502/502 Base engine uses our new cylinder block casting that is stronger and better suited to high-performance combinations. A forged steel crankshaft, forged rods, and forged pistons form the reciprocating assembly, with a smooth-operating hydraulic roller camshaft delivering big 0.527/0.544-inch lift. The lightweight aluminum heads boast 110-cc combustion chambers and big, 2.25-inch intake and 1.88-inch exhaust valves.
Chevrolet rates the ZZ502/502 Base engine at 508 horsepower and 580 lb-ft of torque when it is finished with Chevrolet Performance aluminum intake manifold (P/N 809-12363406) and Holley 870-cfm carburetor (P/N 809-19170094). The other parts you need to complete the engine - including chrome dress-up parts can be found here at JEGS.com or give one of our JEGS technical specialist a call at 1-800-345-4545!
ZZ502/502 BASE TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
- Displacement: 502ci
- Bore x Stroke: 4.470'' x 4.000''
- Block: Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Connecting Rods: Forged steel, shot peened
- Pistons: Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .527'' intake / .544'' exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum oval port, 110cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size: 2.250'' intake / 1.880'' exhaust; Stainless steel
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Flexplate: 14'' diameter, externally balanced
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump (92 octane)
- Ignition Timing: 32° Total @ 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5800
- Balanced: External
JEGS EZ Kits are designed by JEGS professionals to ensure that you get all the correct parts you need.
ZZ502 Base Engine
ZZ502 Base Engine
ZZ502 Engine Install Kit