- Ignition & Electrical
- MSD DynaForce Starters & Kits
MSD Performance from Start to Finish
MSD DynaForce Starters feature a 3 horsepower motor to crank over the reduced 4.4:1 gear set to deliver great torque to get the engine turning. The armature is balanced during assembly and is guided by two ball bearings for smooth engagement and thousands of starts. The downsized housing clears most headers and oil pans, but just in case, MSD made the billet mount so it can be clocked in different positions to help in tight applications. These DynaForce Starters are offered in your choice of powder-coated MSD red or black finishes for good looks and long-term durability. DynaForce Starters are never rebuilt or refurbished units.
High Torque Starter Features:
- 3 HP motors provide quick starts
- Powdercoated starter assembly for long-lasting good looks
- Gear reduction of 4.4:1 improves torque for great cranking
- Armature guided by two ball bearings for smooth engagement
- Downsized housing clears most headers and oil pans
- Billet aluminum mount plate can be clocked to help in tight applications
- Easily handles up to 18:1 compression
High Speed DynaForce Starters
If you struggle to start your race engine because the starter can't keep up then this High Speed DynaForce Starter is what you are looking for. It is designed for race engines using magnetos that require higher cranking speed and provides 25% extra speed so even the most stubborn motor will start.
High Speed Starter Features:
- For use on blown alcohol engines, magneto ignitions, or any engine requiring higher cranking RPM
- Additional 25% cranking speed
- 3.73:1 Gear Reduction
- Heavy Duty high temp solenoid for 12-16 volt systems
- Plated disc and contacts reduce arcing and increase continuity
- Billet aluminum adjustable mounting block
JEGS Easy Kits are designed by JEGS high performance racing professionals to help you get all the performance parts you need for your race car, hot rod or truck.