- Steering & Suspension
- Chassis, Roll Cage, Frame Rail, Subframe & Front Suspension Kits
- Ridetech Smooth Body HQ Series Shocks
Shock absorbers are, without a doubt, the brains of your suspension. Nothing influences how your car rides and handles more than its shock absorbers. Their primary function is to control the oscillations of your car's suspension spring thereby keeping your tires in contact with the road.
To best accomplish that objective, RideTech Smooth Body HQ (Handling Quality) Shocks are built on a monotube design. Monotube shocks optimize performance by using fewer internal components than twin tube shocks. The Monotube key advantages are the use of a larger piston, more precise valving & an efficient oil flow path to create cooler operating temperatures & predictably consistent performance respect to damping and reliability in extreme environments.
These unique shock absorbers have been more than 16 years in the making, and the technology and overall upgrade they provide will change the ride and handling of your vehicle. The HQ Series shock adds rebound adjustment for the driver who wants to tune ride quality and handling quality to their specific taste. A wide rebound adjustment range allows you to cruise down the road in plush comfort or firm up your suspension for those Saturday morning canyon roads!
- Oversized piston rod guide increases stability
- 24 clicks of rebound adjustment for fine-tuning the handling
- Internal bump stop eliminates extension crashing
- Billet end cap with integrated debris wiper prevents seal damage
- External hard anodizing guarantees years of lasting service and looks
- 1/2" hardened shaft is straightened to a tolerance of .001" for greater durability
- PTFE piston wiper provides consistent piston/bore contact for repeatable operation
- Monotube design with a larger piston for superior oil control to improve overall ride quality
- Wide rebound range allows firmness for performance driving or dialed-back settings for cruising
- Specially-contoured gas separator cup optimizes dead length & ensures proper nitrogen/oil separation