Pertronix Performance Products are a trusted name in performance ignition components. Over thirty years ago, Pertronix brought the world the Ignitor, a simple and hassle-free way to upgrade a breaker points distributor to a reliable, maintenance-free electronic system at an economical price. JEGS carries the full line of Pertronix Ignitor, Ignitor II & Ignitor III Electronic Ignitions; Flame-Thrower Street, Race and Billet Distributors, Ignition Coils, Ignition Modules, Spark Plug Wires and Second Strike Ignition Boxes. Look no further than JEGS for the guaranteed lowest price and in-stock availability.
|41 Part Types||Results per Page:|
Pertronix Ignitor - Stock points are not the performance monsters that most street and race environments demand. They are notoriously unreliable. Pertronix Ignitor replacement modules are the perfect upgrade to your ignition system. Ignitor kits are easy to install with virtually no maintenance concerns for the future. Pertronix Ignitor systems are also extremely reliable so you can be sure that you won't get stuck because of your distributor.
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs - more horsepower, better fuel economy
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes the unit impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture.
- Ignitor fits inside the distributor.
- No box in the engine compartment.
- Stable timing - no timing adjustments to make
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Available for 6 and 12-volt negative and positive ground systems
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada
Pertronix Ignitor II systems from Pertronix are generally the same as the Ignitor 1. However, the Ignitor II does offer some major improvements that you will like. It produces 4 time more energy when compared to points in the 3-5k ROM range. The Ignitor II also has adaptive dwell which cuts down on misfires and improves engine performance. At higher RPM's, the Ignitor II will adjust spark timing to develop more energy.
- Averages FOUR times more available energy over Points between 3000 and 5000 RPM!
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without heat build-up
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy through the entire RPM range = reduces misfires while improving engine performance
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for delay
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada
Pertronix Ignitor III systems from Pertronix are known for giving ignition box performance without the box. The Pertronix Ignitor 3 has limited availability for Motorcraft, Delco, Autolite, Prestolite and Mallory distributors
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPM's to compensate for electronic delay
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Pertronix Ignitor III senses crank orientation from either the distributor cam lobe or a PerTronix magnet sleeve
- Thermal clad surface mount construction = high performance reliability
- Memory safe function for user settings
- LED user feedback for rev limit confirmation
- Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
Pertronix is often misspelled as: Petronics, pertronics, purtronix, purtronics, pertonicks