Chevrolet Performance E-ROD LT1 6.2L 376ci Engine 455 HP
Items You Need
This LT1 crate engine comes complete, from the oil pan to the ignition system. It also includes the EFI intake manifold assembly with injectors and throttle body, exhaust manifolds, water pump, balancer, 58X reluctor wheel, and 14-inch automatic-transmission flexplate. Inside, the LT1 is filled with components designed for high performance and longevity. The aluminum block is filled with a sturdy reciprocating assembly that combines with aluminum rectangular-port direct-injection heads to deliver an 11.5:1 compression ratio, enhancing the LT1's tremendous airflow and broad torque curve.
E-ROD LT1 Gen-V TECH SPECS
- Engine Type: LT-Series Gen V Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 376 ci (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke: 4.065 in. x 3.622 in. (103.25 x 92 mm)
- Block: Cast-aluminum with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel. 8-bolt flange
- Connecting Rods: Forged powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift: .561 in. intake / .531 in. exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 242-degree intake / 244-degree exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum, Rectangular Port Direct Injection
- Valve Size: 2.130 in. intake / 1.590 in. exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.81:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balanced: Internal
- Engines shipped with high-pressure direct-injection fuel pump installed
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Front-End Accessory Drive Kit p/n 809-19329990 can be ordered separately
- 8-bolt crankshaft flange
- Shipped with 14'' flexplate
- This Engine system (p/n 12682080) is designed to work with 40-tooth reluctor wheel transmissions. *GM automatic transmissions are typically equipped with 40-tooth reluctor wheels for vehicle speed sensor output. GM late-model manual transmissions are typically equipped with a 17-tooth reluctor wheel. The Chevrolet Performance T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual (P/N 19329795) is equipped with a 40-tooth reluctor wheel.
Engine Break-In Procedure
Use only engine oil that meets dexos1 specifications. For track events or competitive driving, use Mobil 1 15W-50 engine oil. Fill the engine with oil and follow the proper engine priming procedure. Also check and fill as required any other necessary fluids such as coolant, power steering fluid, etc.
Start the engine and listen for any unusual noises. If no unusual noises are noted, run the engine at approximately 1000 RPM until normal operating temperature is reached. The engine should be driven at varying loads and conditions for the first 30 miles or one hour without wide open throttle (WOT) or sustained high RPM accelerations. Run five or six medium throttle (50%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear. Run two or three hard throttle (WOT 100%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear.
Change the engine oil and filter. Inspect the oil and the oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly. Drive the next 500 miles (12 to 15 engine hours) under normal conditions. Do not run the engine at its maximum rated engine speed. Also, do not expose the engine to extended periods of high load. Change the oil and filter again, inspect the oil and oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly.
19418256 supersedes 12682080
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.