2018-2019 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote Gen III crate engine with Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT)
- Horsepower: 460 hp at 7,000 RPM
- Torque: 420 ft-lbs. at 4,600 RPM
- Maximum RPM of 7,500
- Aluminum block with plasma transferred wire arc spray weld liner coating
- Cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for strength
- Optimized oil drain-back and windage control for improved high-rpm performance
- Long 12 mm head bolts for higher clamp load
- Bore/Stroke: 93 mm x 92.700 mm
- Crankshaft: Forged steel cross-plane
- Rods: Sintered steel 150.700 mm length, 618 g weight
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Pistons: Hypereutectic raised dome 8.411 cc
- High-flow AS7GU aluminum
- DOHC 32-valve with variable intake and exhaust cam timing
- Valve Size: 37.700 mm Intake / 32 mm Exhaust
- Valve Lift: 14 mm Intake & Exhaust
- Dual, direct and port injection
- Tuned composite
- Variable runner control
- 80 mm electronic throttle body (Drive-by-wire)
- Oil Pan: Composite 10 qt capacity w/filter
- Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifold on the RIGHT SIDE ONLY
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Alternator not included, for alternator kit use M-8600-M50BALT
- For air conditioning kit use M-8600-M50AC
- Engine weight: 425 lbs. without accessories
Engine Break-In Procedure
Fill the engine with 5W50 full synthetic engine oil. For the first 500 miles of operation do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed. Do not tow a trailer or put other heavy loads on the vehicle. Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily. At 500 Miles change the engine oil and filter. Check fuel and ignition settings; adjust valves (where applicable).
Modern 5.0L 32-Valve DOHC V-8s that use Advanced Features for Reliable and Powerful Performance
Ford Performance aluminum block 5.0L Coyote Crate Engines are a great way to upgrade or replace the existing engine in your Ford car or truck. These 32-valve DOHC V8 engines will power street rods, customs, kit cars, trucks, and off-road projects.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.