JEGS 555-603405 Ford AOD Performance Transmission Features:
- Handles Up To 450 HP
- Seals, gaskets, and rings replaced (Complete overhaul kit)
- New friction plates and steels
- New high-energy front and rear bands
- New bushing throughout
- New front and rear sprags
- New neutral safety switch
- New filter
- Rebuilt front pump with new gears
- Rebuilt valve body with shift kit installed
- Works with OEM Style TV Kickdown Cable on Fuel Injected Applications. For Carbureted Applications we Recommend JEGS Throttle Bracket 555-157050 and Lokar Cable Kit 625-KD-2AODHT
- Shift Pattern: P R N OD/D/1
- Transmission Fluid Capacity: 6.5 quarts
- Speedometer-driven gear and dipstick not included
JEGS 555-603405 Ford AOD Performance Transmission IMPORTANT Notes:
- This JEGS Performance Transmission has gone through rigorous testing to provide you with the best possible replacement transmission
- Here are a few tips to ensure a successful installation
- Follow the manufactures instructions thoroughly
- Before installation, flush any old fluid from your system, including transmission lines, oil cooler, and torque converter to remove any contaminants that could harm your new transmission
- When installing your torque converter, follow the instructions carefully to ensure proper fitment into the transmission input shaft and also attaching to your engine. Specific tolerances are required so that you do not damage the front pump in the transmission or the converter.
- If you have any problem installing this transmission, before returning it please call the JEGS technical support line. Our experts may be able to assist you with the proper installation.
- Precautions: NOTHING can ruin an AOD transmission as quickly as improper TV settings. If you are unclear or uncomfortable with the procedure, do not attempt this adjustment yourself. This information can be found in Ford service manuals for adjusting the TV pressure. Always follow general shop safety rules (never go under a car supported by a jack alone, always chock the wheels, etc.) when performing automotive work.
If you have any problem installing this transmission, before returning it please call the JEGS technical support line. Our experts may be able to assist you with the proper installation.
Wil it fit a Mustang 1991 LX and witch Company is building this Transmission?
What type of Warranty comes with the purchase of this transmission?
Can I put a stall converter in it,&transbrake?
Will this fit a 1988 f150 with 302 would I have to make any changes to length of drive shaft?
does this transmission fit a 351w
Does this transmission have a hole at the bottom of the bell housing to acess the drain plug in the torque converter? Also, is this the non-computerized version of the aod?
Does this AOD come with a torque converter? And is there a core charge?
Will it fit a 1972 351C
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.