40,000 BTU Auxiliary Heater
JEGS 555-70602 Auxiliary Heater with Triple Vents Features:
- Universal mounting design
- Triple 3 in. O.D. Vents
- Heavy-duty injection molded glass-filled nylon housing construction
- Long life 12-volt three-speed motor
- Low [5.5 Amps]
- Med [7.1 Amps]
- High [11.6 Amps]
- Compact design
- Durable tube/fin heater core design
- 5/8 in. O.D. heater core inlet and outlet connections
- Requires external ground
JEGS 555-70602 Auxiliary Heater with Triple Vents Includes:
- (1) Heater assembly
- (1) Grille plate with triple 3 in. O.D. vents
- (10) Grille plate attaching screws, #8 x 3/4 in. stainless steel philips pan head
- (1) Switch assembly includes:
- (1) 3-Speed switch
- (1) Switch face plate
- (2) Switch attaching nuts
- (1) Switch knob
- (3) 14-Gauge female spade terminals
- (1) Dash mounting bracket
- (1) 5 ft. 3-wire 14-gauge wiring harness with plug-in connector for heater motor
- (2) Mounting Brackets
- (8) Mounting Bracket Bolts, 1/4 in.-20 x 3/4 in. UHL stainless steel with 3/8 in. hex washer head
- (4) Mounting Bracket Screws, #14 x 1/2 in. stainless steel truss philips head
- Installation instructions
JEGS 555-70602 Auxiliary Heater Notes:
- The heater electrical circuit must be fused for safety, with the fuse placed as close to the vehicle's electrical connection as possible. We recommend JEGS fuse holder 555-10516
- This heater requires a 7.5 amp fuse. We recommend JEGS 7.5 amp fuse 555-10788
- A separate ground wire must be utilized to complete the electrical circuit.
The Perfect Compact Heater for Hot Rods
JEGS Hot Rod Heaters will keep you warm on those cold days, simply connect plumbing and wiring directly to your cooling system for immediate heat. The blower unit blows fresh air through the heat exchanger, elevating the air temperature, which then exits through the outlet louvers adding strong and consistent heat to any vehicle. You can even use these auxiliary heaters as an economical alternative to replacing a worn-out or hard-to-reach heater core. Heaters are available in a variety of sizes and styles with multiple speeds and adjustable settings. Defroster and Louver/Vent kits are available separately.
Is this unit able to get wet if put in the engine compartment?
in the picture above, do you remove the black rubber tips on end of pipe?
What size are the inlet outlet
can I hook it into my windshield defrost vents?
Are the mounting bracket bolts on the sides of the housing in a square pattern so the brackets may be positioned forward and backward as well as up and down?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.