Head Bolt Kits
JEGS 555-83408 Head Bolt Kit Features:
- Ideal for engine repair when changing the cylinder heads or head gaskets
- Fits 2004-2014 GM LS engines including 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, 6.2L and others
- Reusable bolts as these are not torque-to-yield one-time-use fasteners
JEGS 555-83408 Head Bolt Kit Includes:
- (20) 11 mm-2.0 x 103 mm Head Bolts
- (10) 8 mm-1.25 x 48 mm Head Bolts
- (30) Head Bolt Washers
JEGS 555-83408 Head Bolt Kit Note:
- These head bolts are re-usable (NOT Torque-to-Yield), and fit GM LS engines built from January 2004 & later. These engines have one length on the 11 mm head bolts.
Can you reuse LS 5.3 head bolts?
- No, you can not reuse the factory GM LS 5.3L head bolts. These bolts are torque-to-yield and stretch when torqued to specifications so they are designed for one-time use. The JEGS 83408 Head Bolt Kit for 2004-2014 GM LS Engines are not torque torque-to-yield bolts and can be reused but for optimal performance and safety, it is recommended to use new head bolts when assembling or reassembling LS 5.3 engines. Ensure reliability by choosing new head bolts for your LS engine.
How long are the LS head bolts?
- GM LS Engines uses two different sets of under-cover head bolts depending on the heads being used. Cathedral Port Heads used two different lengths of 11mm bolts. (4) 11mm x 103mm & (16) 11mm x 158mm. The Rectangular port heads use (20) 11mmx 158mm. Both heads use the same external lower bolts which are (10) 8mm-1.25 x 48mm. The JEGS 83408 Head Bolt Kit includes head bolts of specific lengths suitable for 2004-2014 GM LS Engines with rectangular port factory heads. Refer to the kit's specifications to determine the exact length of the included head bolts for your application. Choose the right head bolts for a precise and secure fit.
Are LS ARP head bolts reusable?
- ARP head bolts are known for their durability and strength, but it is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines. While ARP bolts can be reused in certain applications, always check and adhere to ARP's specific recommendations for your LS engine. Ensure proper maintenance and inspection for optimal bolt performance.
What is torque to yield LS head bolts?
- Torque-to-yield head bolts are designed to stretch during the torquing process, providing optimal clamping force. For precise specifications, refer to your LS engine's manual. The JEGS 83408 Head Bolt Kit bolts are not torque-to-yield style, provide better torque load, and can be reused. Follow recommended torque procedures for reliable and secure head bolt installation.
Will these work in a lq4 6.0 ? 2005
Will these work in a 2007 5.3
Are the provided torque specs for these bolts for a cast iron block only? Looking at the torque specs for iron blocks versus aluminum blocks, all of the torque values seems to be ~10% less for aluminum blocks versus cast iron....
Will this bolt kit work on a 11 camaro ss LS3 6.2l?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.