- Melling LS Oil Pump -689-M295
- JEGS Timing Cover Gasket Set -555-210866
- JEGS Balancer Bolt -555-82805
- JEGS RTV Silicone Gasket Maker -555-28035
The Melling M295 pump is a standard pressure, standard volume pump that is considered a suitable replacement for the factory oil pump (GM part # 12586665) and offers improved resistance against cavitation at higher RPMs. The cast aluminum housing is CNC-machined and hardcoat anodized. The cast iron cover is CNC-machined and phosphate coated. The relief valve features a screw-in valve plug. The factory LS oil pump suffers from cavitation above 6,200 RPM, which results in a drop in oil flow of nearly 1 GPM by 7,000 RPM. This cavitation can also aerate the oil, which causes drops in oil pressure and can result in oil starvation. This is why we do not recommend shifting any higher than 6,200 RPM with a stock engine. Engines that run at RPM's above 6,200 should use an upgraded Melling pump to prevent these issues.
- Factory volumetric flow rate, around 6.8 GPM
- 20 PSI Pressure Relief Valve Spring
- 0.96 Displ (cuin/rev)
- The cast aluminum housing is CNC machined and hardcoat anodized
- The cast iron cover is CNC machined and phosphate coated. The cover also features countersunk screws for more timing cover clearance.
- The relief valve features a screw in valve plug with the optional lower stock pressure spring supplied
- Compatible with factory GM oil pickup tubes
Fits GM GEN III & IV LS and Vortec Engines Without AFM/DOD Applications:
- Gen III LS blocks LS1, LS6
- Gen IV LS blocks LS2, LS3
- Gen III Vortec 4800 LR4, LM7
- Gen III Vortec 5300 LM7, L59, LM4, L33
- Gen III Vortec 6000 LQ4, LQ9
- Gen IV Vortec 4800 LY2, L20
- Gen IV Vortec 5300 LH8, LH9
- Gen IV Vortec 6000 L98, L96, LY6, L9H
- Gen IV Vortec 6200 L92, L9H
Will this fit 2005 saab 97x 5.3
Fittment? 2002 Youkon XL Denali. 6.0 L. 8th digit of vin # U
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.