Mechanical Secondary Carburetors
Performance & ValueMain Body
- All aluminum (upgrade from existing designs)
- Tumbled finish for a high luster that protects against contaminants
- Recessed air bleeds out of air stream to improve airflow
- Raised accelerator pump squirter nozzle boss also out of air stream to reduce the possibility of high-speed pullover or "dribbling"
- CNC-machined from solid aluminum
- 4 stages of emulsion help break up solid fuel for leaner air/fuel sooner & excellent throttle response
- Stainless steel idle mixture screw with a superior nylon seal that won't deteriorate over time like cork
- Machined internal passages (vs. die-cast cored holes) ensure consistent performance and almost no chance of porosity holes cross-talking between passages
- 4-corner idle system for fine-tuning even with extremely long duration camshafts
- CNC-machined from solid aluminum for a more stable platform than die-cast equivalent
- PTFE-coated throttle shafts with PTFE ribbon bearings reduce rotational resistance and nearly eliminate the use of the throttle body shaft hole as a bushing (great protection in dirt environments)
- Mechanical secondary carbs have the Quick Link Secondary Opening System that enables rate adjustment simply by changing links (available opening rates: 40%, 60%, 1:1)
- Mechanical secondary carbs also have adjustable secondary airflow cam brackets that allow better idle tuning with race-oriented camshaft profiles
- Die-cast aluminum for cooler fuel resulting in fewer fuel percolation problems
- Sight glass to monitor fuel level without risking fuel spillage
- All standard service replacement parts accepted
- Floats based on application, i.e. Drag Race Carbs have notched floats & secondary jet extensions
Vacuum Secondary Carburetors
- Exclusive billet secondary housing cover
- Cover has an integrated screw that allows timing & opening rate adjustments with just a simple turn
- Adjustable housing offers much finer tuning to dial-in application
Q-Series Mechanical Secondary Carburetor Kits include:
- Quick Fuel Q-Series Drag Race Carb (650, 750, 850, 950, or 1050 cfm)
- JEGS Dual Inlet Fuel Line Kit #555-100822
- JEGS Fuel Pressure Gauge 15 psi #555-41010
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.