Supercharged Power From The C7 Corvette Z06!
When it comes to performance innovations that save time, money and guesswork, Chevrolet Performance once again leads the way!
Chevrolet Performance pioneered the concept of crate engines more than four decades ago, and continues to lead the industry with their unprecedented Connect & Cruise crate powertrain systems - factory-engineered engine and transmission combinations that include all the electronic control modules, wiring harnesses and other key components.
Chevrolet Performance engineers matched the engines and transmissions for optimal performance and durability, so you can wring out every horsepower from them with total confidence! The specially calibrated controllers are designed for retrofit installations in older vehicles, for easier and quicker installation and operation without the need for third-party tuning.
The convenience of a crate engine, the assurance of factory validate performance and the value of an inclusive package - that's what you get with Chevrolet Performance's Connect & Cruise crate powertrain systems.
Each kit delivers a fully assembled crate engine, transmission, electronic control module, and the engine control hardware to get it all running in your project vehicle - including the mass airflow sensor, oxygen sensors and even the special throttle pedal for the engines' electronic throttle bodies.
Chevrolet Performance engineers matched the engines with their respective transmissions, ensuring they are up to the task of channeling big power with absolute dependability. The engine controller is specially calibrated to run the engine without some of the production-vehicle features that aren't required in an older vehicle. That means no "trouble" codes and no need for third-party tuning, "plug-and-play" installation that is quick, easy and intuitive. Detailed instructions outline all the necessary steps.
The engineers did all the hard work of designing and calibrating perfectly matched powertrain systems - and they covered them with a 24-month/50,000-mile limited warranty.
LT4 376ci / 6.2L, 650HP / 650TQ Engine
The all-new LT4 supercharged 6.2L V8 is the latest high-tech small-block crate engine from Chevrolet Performance. The perfect balance of performance and efficiency, the LT4 leverages the technologies introduced on the 2014 Corvette Stingray's LT1 Gen-V small block, including Direct Injection and continuously Variable Valve Timing. The LT4 is based on the same architecture as the LT1 engine, with several unique features designed to support its higher output and the greater cylinder pressures created by forced induction. It includes the Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads that are stronger and handle heat better than conventional castings, lightweight titanium intake valves and stronger forged aluminum pistons. While advancing the supercharging technologies established with the previous-generation Corvette ZR1's LS9 engine. This engine features the more-efficient, more-compact 1.7L Eaton R1740 TVS supercharger, which spins at up to 20,000 rpm. That's enough to generate more than 9 pounds of boost. The result is a surprisingly efficient engine capable of producing 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. This LT4 crate engine is offered with a wet-sump or dry-sump oiling system. A controller specially designed for retro-fit application is available. There are also all-new transmission installation kits specially designed to match the LT4 and its 8-bolt crankshaft flange with Chevrolet Performances 4L-series four-speed automatic transmissions and the T-56 Super Magnum six-speed manual.
- Horsepower: 650 @ 6000 RPM
- Torque: 650 ft/lbs @ 4600 RPM
- Block: Cast aluminum with 6-Bolt, Cross-Bolted Main Bearing Caps
- Crankshaft: Forged Steel, 8-Bolt Flange
- Connecting Rods: Forged Powdered Metal
- Pistons: Forged Aluminum
- Camshaft: Billet Steel Hydraulic Roller
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum, Direct Injection with VVT
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balanced: Internal
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker Arms: 1.81:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium Recommended
Engine Control Modules and Harnesses
A precisely calibrated engine control module is essential to making your fuel-injected LT engine perform in your older vehicle - and Chevrolet Performance is your source for controllers that are designed for easy, "plug-and-play" installation and, in most applications, no need for third-party tuning adjustments.
Unlike production controllers that may or may not come with a used engine, these controllers are calibrated for installation in older vehicles. That means many of the features required for late-model production vehicles are "turned off," because they're not required in older cars and trucks. That means features that may trigger a diagnostic trouble code and possibly affect performance - requiring additional tuning - are not enabled.
These inclusive kits deliver all the components required to plug into the engine and get it running - from the controller itself and the accompanying wire harness to the mass airflow sensor, oxygen sensors and even a throttle pedal assembly for engines equipped with an electronic throttle body. The kits also include detailed instructions to help you do it right the first time, even if you have no experience.
Most Engine Control Modules Kits Include:
- Oxygen sensors & mounting bosses (for installation in the exhaust system)
- Mass airflow meter & mounting boss (for installation in the air intake system)
- Throttle pedal assembly (for use with the electronically operated throttle body)
- Specific oil pressure sensor that is compatible with the harness (when needed)
- Complete wiring harness with fuse box and necessary cam sensor and MAP sensor jumpers
- Programmed controller
Each Chevrolet Performance controller kit is a true stand-alone system. All that's needed to get a vehicle running with it are power and ground sources, a high-pressure fuel pump and an electric cooling fan.
SuperMatic 4L75-E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
Developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers, the 4L75-E Supermatic has been proven, in real world conditions, to be one of the most robust automatic transmissions on the market. Featuring a torque capacity of 650 lb.-ft, this makes the 4L75-E suitable for many of Chevrolet Performance's most powerful crate engines. The Supermatic 4L75-E is the size of the 4L65-E transmission so it's smaller than the 4L80-E but offers more torque capacity than comparably sized product offerings. The 650 lb.-ft. torque capacity makes it the flexible alternative to the 4L80-E when transmission tunnel clearance is an issue.
- Features 5-pinion gear sets, heat-treated stator shaft splines, induction-hardened turbine shaft, 8-friction plate 3-4 clutch, and specific valve-body calibration
- Unique, high-strength input housing
- Higher-capacity servo
- More robust 3-4 clutch
- Larger 2-4 band
- Based on the 4L65-E/4L70-E
- Gear ratios: 1st: 3.06, 2nd: 1.62, 3rd: 1.00, 4th: 0.70
LT4 / SuperMatic 4L75-E Installation Kit
Get your new 4L75-E bolted to your new engine with this SuperMatic 4L75-E installation kit. Kit includes all the correct components that Chevrolet Performance offers to easily mate your new engine and trans.
Installation Kit Includes:
- LT1/LT4 Bellhousing
- SuperMatic Torque Converter; Stall: 2400-2800 RPM; Single Bolt Pattern: 11.062''
- SuperMatic Connect-N-Cruise Pre-Programmed Controller
SuperMatic 8L90-E Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission
Chevrolet Performance has adapted the production-based 8L90-E eight-speed automatic transmission for use with the LT1 and LT4 crate engines. A numerically high 4.56 first gear ratio offers strong take-off performance while a wide 7.0:1 overall ratio helps enhance cruising efficiency. Two versions are available: a slip-yoke design for use with the LT1 engine and a fixed-yoke design to be used with the LT4.
- Four gearsets for greater efficiency
- Five clutches - two brake clutches and three rotating clutches
- World-class upshift speeds
- Friction-reducing features include synthetic fluid
- Gear ratios: 1st: 4.56, 2nd: 2.97, 3rd: 2.08, 4th: 1.69, 5th: 1.27, 6th: 1.00, 7th: 0.85, 8th: 0.65, Reverse: 3.82
- Controller and harness included
- Torque converter included (engine specific)
LT4 / SuperMatic 8L90-E Installation Kit
Get your new 8-speed automatic bolted to your new engine with this SuperMatic 8L90-E installation kit. Kit includes all the correct components that Chevrolet Performance offers to easily mate your new engine and trans.
Installation Kit Includes:
- Includes covers, bolts, cooler lines, etc.
- Kits are specific for each engine
- the pre-programmed transmission controller and wiring harness are specific to each 8-speed transmission, and are included with the transmission package.
Each Crate Powertrain System Includes:
- Fully assembled crate engine
- Transmission & Install Kit
- Calibrated engine control module
- Oxygen sensors and mounting bosses (for installation in the exhaust system)
- Mass airflow meter and mounting boss (for installation in the air intake system)
- Throttle pedal assembly (for use with the electronically operated throttle)
- Assembled wiring harness with fuse box and necessary cam sensor, oil pressure sensor, MAP sensor jumpers