Mahle Original performance piston rings sets are the most technically advanced and rigorously tested than any other piston ring manufacture. Current racing engines demand piston rings to operate at higher operating rpm, higher compression ratio, and higher temperatures from race to race and remain dependable. These factors require rings that are stronger, lighter, seals better, and resist wear under extreme conditions.
- Recommended for street, racing, or marine applications
- Barrel faced top ring offers instant break-in and maintains contact with the cylinder wall as the piston rocks slightly at TDC and BDC.
- Napier THG (hook groove) second compression ring provides superior oil control by scraping cylinder walls of oil and providing a reservoir on each down stroke.
- CP-20 oil control ring, named by its 20 degree ear angle, and exclusive feature that provides the absolute best cylinder wall seal.
- Available in different compression ring materials consisting of cast iron, ductile iron, gas nitride stainless steel, steel alloy.
High Alloy Steel vs. Ductile Iron
- Higher Tensile Strength
- Higher Yield Strength
- Greater Fatigue Resistance
- Greater Hardness
- Lower Ring Mass
- Better Stress Resistance
- Reduced Groove Poundout
- Less Side Wear
- Superior Oil Economy
- Superior Blow-by Control
- Lower Friction
- Longer Service Lift
- Better Cylinder Wall Conformability