Moog Tie Rod Ends feature a patented cover plate design that captures the full ball stud between the upper and lower bearings, eliminating axial clearance or "lash." This consistently produces just the right amount of preload for proper steering effort over the life of the part. Tie rod end housings are forged then heat-treated to obtain the most desirable grain structure for strength and durability. Wrench flats are added for ease of installation, and most applications include a castle nut and/or cotter pins for extra security. Sealed with premium polychloroprene to keep out dirt, tie rods have a grease relief valve so debris can be flushed out when the vehicle is being serviced (thus extending rod life). Bearings have grease grooves to ensure lubrication throughout the part.
- Problem Solver patented cover plate design allows for tighter tolerances compared to traditional cover plate designs, providing a more durable and extended life.
- Exclusive cover plate protects against contaminants leaking into the bearing surface.
- Moog Engineered steel composition results in a stronger component.
- Sunology coated metal bearings provide a smooth stud swing that technicians and drivers prefer.
- Greaseable socket design allows new lubricant to flush contaminants from the assembly, reducing corrosion and wear.
- Helps prevent loose or worn chassis parts that can lead to premature tire wear.