GM has offered several series of alternators over the years, each time taking a step up in performance. The great thing about these alternators and aftermarket brackets is that for the most part they are interchangeable. Starting with the externally regulated 10dn alternator of the 1960s and moving all the way to the CS130D alternator of late, aftermarket brackets with rod end tensioners will interchange. The 2" mounting foot width is common to all of them and the 6.61" bolt spacing is common (except the CS130D has 7.24" bolt spacing, which many brackets accommodate). Race Prepped Alternators feature a balanced rotor for high rpm applications.
- Excellent Idle Amperage
- 1 or 3-Wire Operation
- Most Popular GM
- Straight Mount 6.61"
- Available Up to 150 AmpsNote: Charge Wire Not Included. Smooth Look Alternators:
- The Ultimate Custom Billet look at affordable prices
- Smooth die cast housing with teardrop design
- One or three wire
- Available in 100 and 140 amp output
- Custom HV (high volume) fan - optional
- Largest selection of fans, pulleys, nose cones, and baffle plates in the industry
- Smooth back with special Powermaster vents for pull through cooling
- Gold battery post
- Available in 4 finishes
- Proof-of-Performance Tag
Alternator Plug Type
JEGS Easy Kits are designed by JEGS Professionals to help you get all the performance parts you need.