- Ignition & Electrical
- Wiring, Wiring Harnesses, Switches, Connectors, Breakers & Relays
- American Autowire Classic Update Wiring Harness Kits
American Autowire Classic Update Wiring Kit 1980-1986 Ford F-Series and Bronco
Items You Need
Ford Truck & Ford Bronco
This Classic Update Series Kit completely modernizes a 1980-1986 Ford Bronco and F-Series Truck's electrical system. It provides the power options to expand with accessories.
- ATO style fuse box and bulkhead assembly provided that mount in the same stock firewall area with only one new screw hole - template included
- The harness is designed to route similar to the factory original and can accommodate aftermarket accessories
- The electrical system is protected by a high-powered Megafuse and 6-gauge alternator connection
- Windshield wiper switch with indexed connector and a wiper motor extension are included
- The steering column connectors will work with most aftermarket columns or stock columns with included adapters and terminals
- Extra-long leads are included in the front lighting wiring for optional lighting locations
- The rear body harness connections for stop/tail-light, side, and back-up lamps include the twist-in style sockets
- An instrument cluster harness disconnect is provided for easy access and servicing, as well as new terminals that will connect to either of the factory-printed circuit boards
- Assemblies for the under-dash courtesy light are included
- The kit also includes a new switch, shaft, and replacement knob for the headlight
- A new floor dimmer switch is also provided with wire length to accommodate OEM mount location
- New door jamb switch with pigtail assemblies are also included
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.