Toyota 1.6L & 1.8L
Cometic C4258-060 Head Gasket
Cometic Multilayer Steel (MLS) Gaskets are designed to provide the best possible seal for naturally aspirated, boosted, or nitrous-fed engines. This head gasket is made from five layers of spring stainless steel, offering a stronger base material than standard cylinder head gaskets. Viton-coated outer layers create a superior seal not available with other steel or copper gaskets.
Cometic C4258-060 Head Gasket Features:
- Spring stainless steel
- Reduced bore distortion
- Excellent rebound characteristics and corrosion resistance
- Viton rubber coating (.001 in. thick) is bonded to the outer layer of gaskets
- Designed to withstand extreme cylinder pressures without machining for installation of locking wire
Cometic C4258-060 Notes:
- Not designed for use on engines with O-rings or receiver grooves
- Always refer to the fastener manufacturer to determine accurate torque values
- A surface finish of 50 RA (roughness average) or finer is recommended for proper gasket seal
- Cometic Cylinder Head Gaskets go on dry because they're coated with a sealant (adding another sealer can hinder gasket performance)
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.