Small Block Chevy
- Improve engine performance and horsepower with this higher flowing intake manifold compared to a stock cast iron intake
- Designed to fit with popular aftermarket square bore 4150 carburetors including edelbrock, holley, quickfuel, proform, and more
- Fits gm and chevrolet vortec cast iron cylinder heads from 1996 through 2002
- 1500 to 6500 rpm power band for street or mild race applications
- Fabricated from cast aluminum for weight savings and improved performance
This single four-barrel dual-plane intake manifold is designed for 262-400 c.i.d. Chevy V8's with 1996 -2002 Vortec (L31) cast iron or Edelbrock E-Tec aluminum heads. The AirGaps designed open air space separates the runners to keep the hot engine oil away resulting in a cooler, denser charge for more performance.
- Port exit dimensions: 1.040 in. x 2.030 in.
- Recommended Intake Gasket: JEGS p/n 555-210003
- Estimated runner length - Shortest: 4 in.
- Estimated runner length - Longest: 6.500 in.
- Manifold height: (A) 4.200 in., (B) 5.250 in.
- Click here to determine carburetor pad height.
- This Intake may also be used on Vortec or 1995-Earlier blocks with Vortec pattern cylinder heads
- Accepts late model alternator, water neck, AC, and HEI
- No provision for divorced or heated choke
- No Heat Crossover
- Stock/stamped steel valve covers may require 3/16 in. (or thicker) valve cover gaskets. We recommend 555-210076 for adequate runner clearance.
|JEGS Carb Recommendations/Notes|
|570 CFM||670 CFM||770 CFM|
|Up to 300 HP||300 to 400 HP||400 to 500 HP|
|555-15840||1-1/2" Studs||Suggested for carb and gasket only|
|555-15841||2" Studs||Suggested for carb and 1/2" spacer|
|555-15842||2-1/2" Studs||Suggested for carb and 1" spacer|
|555-15846||3-1/2" Studs||Suggested for carb and 2" spacer|
|Carburetor Base Gaskets|
|Intake Manifold Bolts|
|555-83201||SBC - Vortec|
- Carburetor Fuel Inlet Lines & Fittings
- Carburetor Spacers
- Fuel Filters
- Carburetor Linkage, Choke Kits & Components
This part is only legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or on vehicles used solely for the purposes of closed competition racing.
will this intake bolt up correctly to 1995 tbi heads.i assume so but not sure.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.