JEGS 555-603010 GM 4L60E Performance Transmission
This transmission includes the bell-housing bolt pattern to fit Small Block Chevy/Big Block Chevy & 4.3L V6 engines (LS Series Engines should use transmissions 555-603020 or 555-603025).
1996-02 Camaro/Firebird must reuse their old 4L60E tail-shaft housing since this transmission does not include the special housing that has the mount for the torque link.
This transmission can also be used in an older vehicle when converting to an electronically controlled overdrive transmission. The conversion to older vehicles will require the use of a transmission controller, special cross-member, driveshaft changes, and other modifications (these parts are not included with the transmission).
That this product is not designed as a replacement part for Corvettes.
JEGS 555-603010 GM 4L60E Performance Transmission Features:
- Handles Up To 450 HP
- Heavy Duty Sunshell
- Heavy Duty 3-4 Clutch Pack
- New Electronics
- Reman Pump with New Rotor Vane Slide and Stator Support
- Shift Kit
- Corvette Servo
- 0.500 Boost Valve
- Transmission Fluid Capacity: 6 quarts
JEGS 555-60300 GM 4L60E Performance Transmission IMPORTANT Notes:
- This JEGS Performance Transmission has gone through rigorous testing to provide you with the best possible replacement transmission
- Here are a few tips to ensure a successful installation
- Follow the manufactures instructions thoroughly
- Before installation, flush any old fluid from your system, including transmission lines, oil cooler, and torque converter to remove any contaminants that could harm your new transmission
- When installing your torque converter, follow the instructions carefully to ensure proper fitment into the transmission input shaft and also attaching to your engine. Specific tolerances are required so that you do not damage the front pump in the transmission or the converter.
- If you have any problem installing this transmission, before returning it please call the JEGS technical support line. Our experts may be able to assist you with the proper installation.
Does this transmission come with any warranty?
Does this come with a new torque converter
Will this transmission work in my 1995 camaro z28?
I'm replacing the turbo 400 in my 71 gto. Will this work for me? What do I need in addition? I have the tci trans controller.
I have a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 single cab with a 4L60E. With this be a direct replacement or will I need other components?
I've got a 1995 Caprice Wagon with an LT1, why wouldn't this be a direct replacement for the 4l60e that came in it originally?
Will this fit my 1996 chevy Silverado c1500 2wd ? If so what torque converter u suggest I use?
I have a 96 lt1 camaro with a mild cam, headers and 100 shot. 3.73 gears and drag radials. What torque converter would you recommend with this trans?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.