JEGS 555-60320 GM 700-R4 Performance Transmission Features:
- Fits 1984-1991 Chevrolet V8 engines (except Corvette)
- Chevy 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission (30-spline Input, 27-spline Output)
- Requires lock-up Torque Converter
- Handles Up To 450 HP
- Firm, Crisp Shifts
- Assembled with Borg Warner single-sided friction plates and collated packs (By combining friction plate and separator technology, each steel plate in the pack serves as a reaction surface. This provides increased active friction surface area and torque capacity compared to conventional double-sided designs of the same volume).
- Includes Corvette Servo and Hardened Sun Shell
- Includes throttle valve cable and wiring harness
- Overall Length: 30 3/4 in.
- Transmission Fluid Capacity: 6 quarts
- Speedometer drive gear and driven gear not included
JEGS 555-60320 GM 700-R4 Performance Transmission IMPORTANT Notes:
- This JEGS Performance Transmission has gone through rigorous testing to provide you with the best possible replacement transmission
- Here are a few tips to ensure a successful installation
- Follow the manufactures instructions thoroughly
- Before installation, flush any old fluid from your system, including transmission lines, oil cooler, and torque converter to remove any contaminants that could harm your new transmission
- When installing your torque converter, follow the instructions carefully to ensure proper fitment into the transmission input shaft and also attaching to your engine. Specific tolerances are required so that you do not damage the front pump in the transmission or the converter.
- If you have any problem installing this transmission, before returning it please call the JEGS technical support line. Our experts may be able to assist you with the proper installation.
I have an olds 403. Will this transmission work with that engine? Keep in mind, i will be using an adaptor for the transmission where it connects to the block.
Will this work in a 1969 Camaro with a 427 with out major modifications?
will this fit a 98 gmc sierra 1500?
Will this transmission fit into my 1968 gmc 1/2 ton pickup And what torque converter can I use?
Question on lockup; if the transmission has no wiring connected, will the lockup clutch always be on? I.E. is the transmission’s natural state to be locked up? It overpowers my brakes when in any gear, with no slip allowed from torque converter
Will this transmission work on a 455 Oldsmobile
I have a 383stroker in 32 street rod. Will this transmission fit? Present transmission is turbo 350.
Will this work on an 84 El Co with a 350 sb?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.