Big Block Chevy
Reduce exhaust flow restriction in your big block with a set of long tube headers from JEGS. Manufactured with heavy-gauge tubing and thick flanges these pieces are designed to last. The black painted finish gives them a clean look and helps protect against corrosion. These headers are designed to fit a number of GM body styles that were originally fitted with this engine or had it as an option. Let JEGS help you improve the performance, and sound of your BBC-equipped car.
- Big block type: Gen IV (4)
- Fits: GM A, F, and X-Bodies
- Finish: Black Painted
- Tubing: Mandrel Bent
- Port: Square (1 7/8 in. L x 1 7/8 in. W)
- Collector flange type: 3-bolt
- (2) Headers
- (2) Exhaust manifold gaskets (Graphite)
- (2) Collector flange gaskets (Graphite)
- (16) Exhaust manifold bolts (3/8 in. -16 x 3/4 in., Black oxide coated)
- (6) Collector bolts (3/8 in -16 x 1 in., Black oxide coated)
- (6) Collector nuts (3/8 in. -16, Black oxide coated)
- Air Conditioning: Yes (Brackets must be modified)
- Power Brakes: Yes
- Power Steering: Yes
- Smog Pump: Not Applicable
- Automatic Column Shifter: Yes (Except Camaro)
- Automatic Floor Shifter: Yes
- Manual Column Shifter: Yes (Except Monte Carlo, and wagons)
- Manual Floor Shifter: Yes (Except Monte Carlo, and wagons)
- 1970 - 1972 Camaro (must use original dimension big block frame stands and motor mounts)
- 1964 - 1977 Chevelle (must use original dimension big block frame stands and motor mounts)
- 1970 - 1974 Monte Carlo (must use original dimension big block frame stands and motor mounts)
- 1971 - 1974 GM Full-Size cars (must use original dimension big block frame stands and motor mounts)
Note: Reducers are not included with this set of headers
Performance Headers at Budget Prices
JEGS Tubular Headers offer an immediate increase in performance by eliminating backpressure, improving exhaust flow, and building more horsepower. The consistent tubing diameter contributes to the smooth airflow and higher exhaust velocity.
Steel Headers are constructed from 16-gauge cold-rolled material and flash-control welded for an excellent fit. They come with finish choices of black satin paint and silver ceramic heat-resistant outer coating for the ultimate resistance to rust & corrosion. O-ring port seals and 5/16 in. thick flanges are heavy enough to maintain complete integrity yet pliable enough to create a leak-free surface and Heavy-Duty 3/8 in. thick flanges on some applications to prevent warpage.
Stainless Steel Headers are constructed from 16-gauge 304 SS material, have mandrel-bent primary tubes, 3/8 in. thick flanges, and are flash-control welded to provide a leak-free seal and perfect fit.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.