Ford 9 in Truck Rear Axle Disc Brake Conversion
This JEGS Premium Rear Axle Disc Brake Conversion Kit without Parking Brake is an easy bolt-on solution for upgrading your Pre-1987 Ford 9 in. light truck rear-end to disc brake performance
- The installation of disc brakes will require the use of 15 in. wheels. Any attempt to install disc brake with a 14 in. wheel will be the customer’s responsibility
- This kit Requires a disc/disc proportioning valve. JEGS recommends 555-63025.
- JEGS recommends a 1.125 in. large bore master cylinder like 555-631403 when adding disc brakes.
- Maximum axle flange diameter of 7.25 in. with 4.25 in. max register to fit rotor hat.
- Fits Small bearing 9 in. (3 3/8 in. x 2 in. Flange), Early Big bearing 9 in. (3 1/2 in. x 2 3/8 in. Flange) and Late Big bearing 9 in. (3 9/16in. x 2 in. Flange)
- (2) BR9A Bracket & (2) FL9A (1 Bag)
- (2) BR9B Bracket & (2) FL9B (1 Bag)
- (2) BR9C Bracket & (2) FL9C (1 Bag)
- (2) Caliper Brackets
- (1 Bag) Hardware Kit
- (2) Brake Hoses
- (2) Brake hose mounts & (2) clips (1 bag)
- (1 Box) Left/Driver Side & Right/Passenger Side Brake Calipers with Brake Pads
- (1) Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotor, Left/Driver Side,11.625 in. dia x 1 in. thick - Drilled for 5 x 5 1/2 in. bolt pattern & 1/2 in. Studs
- (1) Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotor, Right/Passenger Side,11.625 in. dia x 1 in. thick - Drilled for 5 x 5 1/2 in. bolt pattern & 1/2 in. Studs
Add Safety, Reliability and Performance to Your Vehicle with Rear Disc Brakes
JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Conversion Kits combine the best features available to make your selection and installation easy. In addition to calipers with pads, rotors, brake hoses and mounting hardware, each disc brake kit includes all of the brackets and flanges for the Small Ford, Early Big Ford, and Late Big Ford housing ends. We offer standard (coil springs with both shocks behind rear axle) or staggered (leaf springs with one shock forward of and one shock behind the rear axle) conversion set-ups, with or without parking brakes. Our premium High-Performance Rear Brake Kits come complete with cross-drilled and slotted rotors, plus braided stainless steel hoses. See each item for specific details.
What Are The Top JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits?
The top JEGS brand Ford 9 inch disc brake conversion kit is the "standard" kit without parking brake for non-staggered shock applications. In second place, the "premium" kit without parking brake for non-staggered shock applications provides cross-drilled and slotted rotors as well as stainless steel brake lines. Rounding out the top three JEGS brand kits is the "standard" Ford 9 inch disc brake conversion with parking brake.
How Much Do JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits Cost?
JEGS Ford nine inch rear disc brake conversion kits start at around $380 and end just under $800, depending on the included parts and configuration.
What Are The Main Benefits of JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits?
The main advantage that disc brake kits have over factory drum brakes is the improved braking performance they provide. Disc brake systems in general have proven-performance in stopping vehicles quicker and experiencing less fade in comparison to drum brake setups. In addition, they look great behind custom wheels, where the brakes can be seen.
How To Install JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits
Due to the different brake, steering, and suspension systems that different year, make, and model vehicles use, the steps to install a rear conversion kit will vary. It is important to follow the included instructions for proper assembly and operation of the brakes. However, general steps for a Ford 9-inch rear disc brake conversion include the following:
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.