Ford 9 in. Passenger Car Standard Shock Configuration
This JEGS Standard Rear Axle Disc Brake Conversion Kit without Parking Brake is an easy bolt-on solution for upgrading your 1968-77 Ford Passenger Car 9 in. rear-end to disc brake performance
- For applications with both Shocks behind the Rear Axle Housing
- The installation of disc brakes will require the use of 15 in. wheels. Any attempt to install disc brake with a 14 in. wheel will be the customer’s responsibility
- This kit Requires a disc/disc proportioning valve. JEGS recommends 555-63025.
- JEGS recommends a 1.125 in. large bore master cylinder like 555-631403 when adding disc brakes.
- Maximum axle flange diameter of 6.11 in. with 2.786 in. max register to fit rotor hat.
- Fits: Small bearing 9 in. (3 3/8 in. x 2 in. Flange), Early Big bearing 9 in. (3 1/2 in. x 2 3/8 in. Flange) and Late Big bearing 9 in. (3 9/16 in. x 2 in. Flange)
- (2) BR9A Bracket & (2) FL9A (1 Bag)
- (2) BR9B Bracket & (2) FL9B (1 Bag)
- (2) BR9C Bracket & (2) FL9C (1 Bag)
- (2) Caliper Brackets
- (1 Bag) Hardware Kit
- (2) Brake Hoses
- (2) Brake Hose Mounts & (2) Clips (1 Bag)
- (1 Box) Left/Driver Side & Right/Passenger Side Brake Calipers with Pads
- (2) Standard Rotors - Drilled for 5 x 4.50 in. (1/2 in. Stud) & 5 x 4.75 in. (7/16 in. Stud)
Add Safety, Reliability and Performance to Your Vehicle with Rear Disc Brakes
JEGS Ford 9 in. Rear Disc Conversion Kits combine the best features available to make your selection and installation easy. In addition to calipers with pads, rotors, brake hoses and mounting hardware, each disc brake kit includes all of the brackets and flanges for the Small Ford, Early Big Ford, and Late Big Ford housing ends. We offer standard (coil springs with both shocks behind rear axle) or staggered (leaf springs with one shock forward of and one shock behind the rear axle) conversion set-ups, with or without parking brakes. Our premium High-Performance Rear Brake Kits come complete with cross-drilled and slotted rotors, plus braided stainless steel hoses. See each item for specific details.
What is the center thickness of the rotors?
Is there a disc brake conversion kit that will work with a shock mounted in front of the rear end and one mounted behind rear end for a 9"?
Does the out come with pads ? If not what number is used?
Will this work with 15in weld wheels?
Need a setup like this for my 57 bel-air with 9” large old style ends with both shocks in FRONT of the Rearend. Can you help me with a part number ? Thanks
Hi I am building a Trike with a 1990 Ford Thunderbird rear end it has hub brakes and I would love to put disk brakes on it without braking the bank. Will this kit work on it? The tag on the rear end says it is a S502B
Would this kit work with both shocks in front of axle? Shocks go from inside leaf spring mount to center of car. (I.e. 1962 ford falcon with narrowed 9 inch) shocks mounted in factory position
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.