6-Series Digital Ignition Controls
The MSD Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control combines terrific power, digital accuracy, and great accessories making it ideal for street/strip applications. Every spark of the Digital 6-Plus Ignition is packed with 135 millijoules of spark energy and 535 primary volts. When used with the MSD Blaster HVC Coil (121-8252), a spark with over 300 milliamps burns across the plug gap for 400 microseconds. Below 3,300 RPM the Digital 6-Plus produces a series of sparks that burn in the cylinder for up to 20° of crankshaft rotation. This incredible heat ensures combustion to produce great power, quick throttle response, smooth idle, and fast starts.
- Switch between two rev limits that adjust with rotary switches in 100 RPM increments
- Single-stage retard for nitrous and top-end performance
- Start retard eases pressure on the starter, flywheel, and engine
- Adjustable magnetic pickup compensation produces accurate trigger signals
- LED display warns of trigger signal problems or faulty charging system
- Fully potted with polyurethane for vibration and water protection
- Non-OBDII approved via CARB EO #D-722-2
- 50 State Legal
- Spark Energy: 135 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 535 volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 volts (Tested with blaster HVC II coil)
- Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 12,000 RPM with 14.4 volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 volts (negative ground)
- Current Draw: 0.7 amp per 1,000 RPM
- Size: 8.5" L x 4.5" W x 2.2" H
- Weight: 3.7 lbs
MSD 6-Series Ignitions set the standard for quick starts, increased power, smooth idle, crisp throttle response and reduced spark plug fouling. MSD ignitions are available in a several styles and install easily in a variety of applications.Digital 6A: Base model with multiple sparking, capacitive discharge (CD) ignition control.
can i use a 8251 coil
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.