MSD Ignition Red Blaster 2 Coil For MSD Ignitions
Items You Need
Blaster Coils - For MSD Ignitions
- Turns ratio: 100:1
- Primary resistance: .7 OHMs
- Secondary resistance: 4.5K OHMs
- Inductance: 8 mH
- Maximum voltage: 45,000 Volts (Tested with 6AL Ignition)
- Peak current: 140 mA
- Spark duration: 350 uS Features:
- Improved output coil for electronic, Point, Blaster or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- 50 State Legal
- CARB Legal for OBDII 2003 or Older E.O. D-40-37
Do I have to use a full msd ignition system or can I just run this with the ballast resistor they sell for it with what I have
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.