Hooker Headers Blackheart GM Gen III/IV LS Engine Swap Long Tube Headers 1963-1967 GM Trucks (2WD)
Items You Need
Hooker Blackheart BH13231 GM Gen III/IV LS Swap Headers Supporting Products:
- Blackheart LS Engine Swap Mounting Brackets BHS538 (sold separately)
- Blackheart Heavy-Duty Clamshell Engine Mounts 71221018HKR (sold separately) 2 required
- BlackHeart Engine Mount Inserts 71221016HKR black or 71221017HKR red (both sold separately) 2 required
- Blackheart Engine Mount Thru-Bolt Hardware Set 71223015HKR (sold separately)
- Blackheart Transmission Crossmember:
- 71222024HKR (sold separately) when using T-56 6-speed manual transmission
- 71222024HKR-1 (sold separately) when using GM 4L80 or TH400 transmissions
- 71222024HKR-2 (sold separately) when using GM 6L80, 4L60, 700R4, and TH350 transmissions
- JEGS Exhaust Band Clamp 555-30733 (sold individually) 2 required
- JEGS Spark Plug Wires w/45 Degree Boots (for header clearance) such as 555-40286 (sold separately) or equivalent depending on coil pack placement
Note: Only fits trucks with wide frame rails for the 1967 model year - see: 1967 Model Year Frame Width Comparison
This product is engineered to facilitate the installation of a later model, emissions-friendly engine into a vintage/classic vehicle. Federal guidelines indicate that an engine swap is allowable if one or more of the following conditions apply.
- If there is a reasonable basis for knowing that emissions are not adversely affected as described in the EPA Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020
- The resulting vehicle is identical (with regard to all emissions-related parts, engine design parameters, and engine calibrations) to a certified configuration of the same or newer model year as the vehicle chassis
- The vehicle is an uncontrolled vehicle
- Vehicles that were manufactured before emission control regulations took effect are called uncontrolled vehicles
- Aftermarket parts regulations and anti-tampering laws do not apply to these vehicles
- An EO legal engine swap kit is utilized (such as a GM EROD)
- The vehicle is being used for Competition Use Only
- Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.