Blaster Coils - For Points, Electronic or MSD Ignitions
- Turns ratio: 100:1
- Primary resistance: .7 OHMs
- Secondary resistance: 4.5K OHMs
- Inductance: 8 mH
- Maximum voltage: 45,000 Volts (Tested with 6AL Ignition)
- Peak current: 140 mA
- Spark duration: 350 uS
- Improved output coil for electronic, Point, Blaster or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Supplied with two spark plug wire boots, terminals and a ballast resistor (required if used with stock points ignition)
- 50 State Legal
- CARB Legal for OBDII 2003 or Older E.O. D-40-37
MSD Blaster Coils are designed to improve spark output and are made for use with stock coil, Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control performance upgrades. Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage and are kept cool and securely held in an oil-filled metal canister. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material and wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. There are several Blaster Coil styles available, all with the same internal specifications, but with different housings or components.Note: Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is needed in your application.
JEGS EZ Complete Kits are designed by JEGS professionals so you get all the parts you need.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.