MSD 6425 Digital 6AL Ignition Control Box Features:
- Compatible on 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines with 12-volt negative ground electrical systems
- Same bolt pattern as traditional 6AL but with low-profile housing
- Delivers 530 volts to the coil with up to 135mJ of spark energy per firing
- Efficient internals draw less current to produce more power
- Set rev limit in 100 RPM increments with two rotary dials
- All wires exit on the same side via a sealed/locked connector
- Accepts trigger inputs from breaker points, amplifiers, and magnetic pickups
- Includes wiring harness, necessary installation components, and vibration mounts
- Built-in LED for system checks
MSD 6425 Digital 6AL Ignition Control Box Specifications:
- Spark Energy: 135 to 145 mJ
- Primary Voltage: 520 to 540
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degrees Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 with 14.4 volts
- Required Voltage: 12 to 15 (7-volt start)
- Current Draw: 0.7 amp per 1,000 RPM
- Size: 8 in. L x 4 in. W x 1.825 in. H
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturer's application guide because it has California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number D-40-43
Does an MSD 6425 Digital 6AL have a rev limiter?
- Yes, the Digital 6AL features a built-in adjustable rev limiter to protect your engine from over-revving, ensuring optimal performance and safety
How do you set the rev limiter on an MSD box?
- Setting the rev limiter on the MSD 6425 Digital 6AL is simple. Using the rotary dials, adjust the desired RPM limit with precision, offering control over your engine's maximum revolutions
What is the purpose of an MSD Digital 6AL box?
- The MSD Digital 6AL enhances ignition performance, providing higher spark energy for improved throttle response, smoother idle, and overall better engine power and efficiency
Does MSD ignition make a difference?
- Absolutely. MSD ignition systems deliver stronger and more consistent sparks, leading to better combustion, increased power, improved fuel efficiency, and smoother engine operation
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.