Jr Dragster Parts & Engines
Upgrading or building your Jr dragster is a great way to add power and performance as well as family time. JEGS offers a wide selection of Jr dragster engines and parts from brands like JR Race Car, RJS Racing Equipment, JEGS and others to meet your performance and budget needs.
What Engines Do Jr. Dragsters Use?
Jr. Dragsters, designed for young racers, typically use small and specially modified engines. The most common engines found in Jr. Dragsters are single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled engines. These engines are known for their reliability, ease of maintenance, and consistent performance. Some popular engine options for Jr. Dragsters include:
1. **Briggs & Stratton:** The Briggs & Stratton World Formula engine is a popular choice for Jr. Dragsters. It offers good power and durability, making it suitable for young racers.
2. **Honda GX160:** The Honda GX160 engine is another common choice. It's known for its reliability and performance consistency, making it a competitive option for young drag racers.
3. **Clone Engines:** Clone engines, which are replicas of the Honda GX160, are also widely used in Jr. Dragsters. They offer a cost-effective alternative with competitive performance.
These engines are often modified and tuned to meet specific racing requirements, such as controlled RPM limits and safety standards. Jr. Dragster classes may have regulations that dictate the type of engine allowed and any modifications that can be made.
What Is the RPM on a Jr. Dragster?
Jr. Dragsters have a restricted maximum RPM (revolutions per minute) limit to ensure the safety of young racers and control the performance of the vehicles. The RPM limit for Jr. Dragsters can vary depending on the specific class or division in which they compete.
Common RPM limits for Jr. Dragsters may fall within the range of approximately 4,000 to 6,000 RPM. These limits are set to ensure that the vehicles do not reach excessive speeds and that they remain safe for young drivers.
It's important to note that Jr. Dragster engines are often equipped with rev limiters or restrictor plates to control RPM and prevent the engines from exceeding the specified limits. These safety measures help create a controlled and safe racing environment for young participants.
How Much Do Jr. Dragster Engines Cost?
The cost of Jr. Dragster engines can vary based on several factors, including the brand, type of engine, modifications, and where you purchase them. Here's a general price range to give you an idea:
- **Entry-Level Engines:** Entry-level engines suitable for Jr. Dragsters can start at around $500 to $800. These are often unmodified stock engines that provide a good starting point for young racers.
- **Performance Engines:** High-performance engines, such as modified Briggs & Stratton World Formula engines or Honda GX160 engines, can range from $800 to $1,500 or more, depending on the level of modification and tuning.
- **Used Engines:** Used Jr. Dragster engines can be more budget-friendly, with prices ranging from $200 to $600 or higher, depending on their condition and specifications.
Keep in mind that these are approximate price ranges, and actual prices may vary. When purchasing a Jr. Dragster engine, it's essential to consider the specific class or division rules and regulations to ensure compliance with RPM limits and other requirements.