LT/LS Performance Parts & Engines
Upgrading your LT & LS engine with performance parts is a great way to add horsepower and performance for your vehicle. JEGS offers a wide selection of LT & LS engine parts for sale from top manufacturers such as Hooker Headers, Chevrolet Performance, Edelbrock, Holley, Painless Performance Products, JEGS, and more. Each LT & LS performance engine part is made from high quality components and assembly so you can get the performance you want at a price you can afford with the assurance you need.
How Much Horsepower Can a LT1 Make?
The LT1 engine, known for its use in various Chevrolet models, is a popular choice among performance enthusiasts. The amount of horsepower a LT1 engine can produce depends on several factors, including its specific configuration and any modifications made. Here's a general idea of what you can expect:
- **Stock LT1:** A stock LT1 engine typically produces around 275 to 300 horsepower. Keep in mind that this figure can vary between different model years and applications.
- **Modified LT1:** Enthusiasts often modify LT1 engines to achieve higher horsepower figures. With performance upgrades such as aftermarket exhaust systems, intake upgrades, and engine tuning, it's possible to push the LT1's output well beyond the 400 to 450 horsepower range.
The exact amount of horsepower your LT1 can make will depend on your goals, budget, and the specific components you choose for your build. Many factors, including camshaft choice, cylinder head upgrades, and forced induction (superchargers or turbochargers), can significantly impact horsepower levels.
How Much Horsepower Can a LS1 Make?
The LS1 engine, part of General Motors' LS series, is renowned for its performance potential and has been used in various vehicles. The horsepower output of an LS1 engine can vary depending on its configuration and any modifications applied. Here's a rough estimate:
- **Stock LS1:** A stock LS1 engine typically generates between 305 and 350 horsepower, depending on the specific model and year.
- **Modified LS1:** Performance enthusiasts often modify LS1 engines to unleash more power. With aftermarket upgrades, including camshafts, exhaust systems, intake enhancements, and engine tuning, it's possible to push LS1 horsepower figures well above 400, 500, or even 600 horsepower.
Achieving higher horsepower levels with an LS1 engine is attainable through careful component selection and expert tuning. Many enthusiasts turn to LS1 engines for their strong performance potential and versatility.
How Much Do LS1 and LT1 Performance Parts Cost?
The cost of LS1 and LT1 performance parts can vary widely depending on the specific components and brands you choose. Here's a general price range to provide an idea of what to expect:
- **Basic Bolt-Ons:** Performance parts such as cold air intakes, exhaust systems, and engine tuning tools for LS1 and LT1 engines typically range from $100 to $500 each.
- **Cylinder Head Upgrades:** Upgrading cylinder heads for improved airflow and performance can cost anywhere from $500 to $2,000 or more per head.
- **Camshafts:** Performance camshafts designed for LS1 and LT1 engines typically range from $200 to $800 or more.
- **Forced Induction:** Superchargers or turbocharger kits can be a significant investment, with prices ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 or more, depending on the brand and level of boost.
Keep in mind that these are general price ranges, and the actual cost will depend on factors such as brand, quality, and specific components. It's essential to choose performance parts that align with your goals and budget, whether you're looking for mild improvements or aiming for high-performance gains.