- Engines & Components
- Engine - Assembled / Ready-to-Run
- Chevrolet Performance LS3 LS376/525 6.2L 525HP Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance LS376/525 6.2L Connect & Cruise Powertrain System with Supermatic 6L80-E Automatic Transmission
Items You Need
LS376/525 6.2L Performance Crate Engine
GM 6.2L LS3 engine features a durable aluminum cylinder block that houses a cast steel crankshaft and durable reciprocating parts. High-flow rectangle port cylinder heads feature a high flowing design for outstanding performance.
LS3 6.2L Engine Specs:
- Engine Type: LS-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement: 376 ci (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke: 4.065 x 3.622 in. (103.250 x 92 mm)
- Block: Cast-aluminum with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft: Nodular iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift: .525 in. intake / .525 in. exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 226-degree intake / 236-degree exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: L92 style port; ''as cast'' with 68-cc chambers
- Valve Size: 2.165 in. intake / 1.590 in. exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 10.71
- Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6600
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balanced: Internal
Supermatic 6L80-E Transmission
Chevrolet Performance 6L80-E SuperMatic Six-Speed Automatic Transmission is based on the production version six-speed transmission found in many modern rear-wheel-drive GM vehicles. This aftermarket version of the transmission is enhanced with upgraded internal components that allow for a much higher torque output of 650 ft.lbs. that is 45 percent higher than regular production models. Equipped with a 4.02:1 first gear for strong off-the-line acceleration and a 0.67:1 final gear for smooth highway cruising, the 6L80-E is perfect for any project vehicle running a Chevrolet LS engine in a RWD configuration.
6L80-E SuperMatic Features:
- Six-Speed Automatic
- 3000-3400 Stall Converter
- Truck-Style Production Oil Pan
- Production Vent Tube Assembly
- 32-Bit Transmission Controller with street & track calibrations
- Transmission Bulkhead Connector
- -6 AN line fittings
6L80-E SuperMatic Gear Ratios:
- 1st: 4.02:1
- 2nd: 2.36:1
- 3rd: 1.53:1
- 4th: 1.15:1
- 5th 0.85:1
- 6th 0.67:1
Engine Control Module and Harness
A precisely calibrated engine control module is essential to making your modern fuel-injected engine perform in your older vehicle. Unlike production controllers that may or may not come with a used engine, these controllers are calibrated for installation in older vehicles. That means many of the features required for late-model production vehicles are "turned off," because they're not required in older cars and trucks. That means features that may trigger a diagnostic trouble code and possibly affect performance - requiring additional tuning - are not enabled. These controller kits deliver all the components required to plug into the engine and get it running - from the controller itself and the accompanying wire harness to the mass airflow sensor, oxygen sensors, and even a throttle pedal assembly. The kits also include detailed instructions to help you do it right the first time, even if you have no experience.
- Assembly does not include accessory drive kit
- LS3 is the same size and mounts the same as other LS-Series engines
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Transmission requires DEXRON VI fluid
- 6L80 does NOT include a transmission dipstick
- The specially calibrated engine controller does not engage a number of features associated with production-model systems, which eliminates the possibility of trouble codes. It also has an SES (service engine soon) LED indicator embedded in the fuse box.
- Includes a mid wet sump oil pan installed. This oil pan will ONLY fit 2010-2015 Camaro SS/ZL1, 2012-2017 Caprice PPV, 2014-2017 Chevy SS, 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 chassis. THIS INSTALLED OIL PAN WILL NOT WORK WITH MUSCLE CAR LS ENGINE SWAPS. OIL PAN CHANGE IS REQUIRED FOR MUSCLE CAR LS ENGINE SWAPS.
Engine Break-In Procedure
Use only engine oil that meets dexos1 specifications. For track events or competitive driving, use Mobil 1 15W-50 engine oil. Fill the engine with oil and follow the proper engine priming procedure. Also check and fill as required any other necessary fluids such as coolant, power steering fluid, etc.
Start the engine and listen for any unusual noises. If no unusual noises are noted, run the engine at approximately 1000 RPM until normal operating temperature is reached. The engine should be driven at varying loads and conditions for the first 30 miles or one hour without wide open throttle (WOT) or sustained high RPM accelerations. Run five or six medium throttle (50%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear. Run two or three hard throttle (WOT 100%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear.
Change the engine oil and filter. Inspect the oil and the oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly. Drive the next 500 miles (12 to 15 engine hours) under normal conditions. Do not run the engine at its maximum rated engine speed. Also, do not expose the engine to extended periods of high load. Change the oil and filter again, inspect the oil and oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly.
- Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines includes a 24-month or 50,000 mile limited warranty
19432418K4 supersedes 19419866K4, 19370413K4
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.