For strength and resistance to fracture, the Sonnax input housing kit for 300 mm reluctor style units is made of high strength steel that is specially heat-treated with a very hard outer layer with a more ductile inner core. The feed holes are chamfered to reduce stress and the shaft is further processed by shot peening and deep cryogenic treatment.
- Increased 3-4 clutch capacity by a redesigned apply plate allows for thicker steels and clutch options for increased torque capacity
- Can accept (8) .067 in. frictions with (7).095 in.steels or (9) .062 in. frictions with (8) .077 in. steels
- Prevents 3-4 backing plate flex and distortion with zero-flex
- Treated Housing Resistant to Fatigue Failure
- Reinforced sleeve in steel input drum prevents breakage in shaft/spline area
- Eliminates 3-4 retaining ring blow-out by riding the unit of the snap ring and using 15-bolts to secure the anchor plate
- Input Housing with 300mm Non-Reluctor Style Input Shaft Assembly
- PTFE Impregnated Rear Stator Support Bushing
- Overrun Piston Inner Seal
- Overrun Piston
- 3-4 Clutch Apply Plate
- (10) 3-4 Clutch Return Springs
- Overrun Piston Outer Seal
- Bolt-on Anchor Plate
- Overrun Piston Outer Seal
- (15) Socket Head Cap Screws
- Fits 300 mm reluctor-style units only
- Requires '91-later 3-4 apply ring
- Requires '97-later ring gear
- Requires '97-later dual-cage return spring
- Requires '87-later forward backing plate
- Requires '97-later stamped steel forward piston
- Cannot be used with aluminum forward piston or Sonnax billet forward piston 852-77764-01
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.