Chevy Small Block Carbureted Supercharger Kits
Fits: Universal Small-Block Chevy with Carburetor
GM small-block carbureted blow-through system features the V-3 Si-trim supercharger with internal lubrication. This kit also includes the new Forcepower Hat. This unique cast aluminum piece features an internal diffuser for air control that reduces jetting related issues associated with a traditional carb hat. This design permits 360-deg rotation for universal fit. It has a low-profile height of only 3.2" with a 3" diameter inlet port. It includes a sealing gasket and all necessary hardware for use with a 4150 style carburetor. Adds up to 125HP at modest boost levels. Fits under the stock hood of most vehicles. Easily upgradable with various pulleys. Allows for V-belt or serpentine accessory drive configurations. V-3 compressor is capable of supporting up to 775 HP.
- V-3 Si-Trim supercharger
- Supplied pulley ratio will produce approximately 5-6 psi at 5500 rpm on a mildly modified 350" engine
- Cast aluminum base mounting bracket with all necessary hardware
- 3/8" thick nickel plated steel mounting plate for rigid supercharger attachment
- Supercharger air inlet filter
- Mandrel bent aluminum discharge tube with clamps and silicone sleeves
- Cast aluminum carburetor bonnet assembly
Each Vortech Supercharging System is developed to operate as a seamless addition to the base vehicle. By employing the same methods as original manufacturers, Vortech engineers create integrated supercharger systems that appear as if they're original equipment yet operate at an even higher level of sophistication. The boost curve generated by Vortech Superchargers is ideally matched with today's highly evolved engines and provides a power-when-you-need-it sensation. The supercharger and its subsystems fully integrate into the vehicle's existing platform, yielding a smooth continuity of power and performance.
These configurations are designed for those qualified tuners or race shops who do not require the fuel managements items included in Vortech's standard systems. Among the items excluded are fuel pump, fuel injectors, FMU, air inlet assembly (T-Trim models), and ECM programmer or timing controller.
- Gear driven, centrifugal supercharger with SQ technology provides quiet operation and unmatched reliability
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency compressor stage design developed in Vortech's supercharger test cell
- Supercharger drive system includes all necessary belts, pulleys, idler and tensioner
- High-flow bypass valve provides surge-free compressor operation
- Fuel management/calibration components used are high-capacity fuel injectors, high-flow fuel pump, fuel management unit (FMU), high-flow MAF, ECM chip or module, ECM re-programmer and timing controller (These items vary per application. Click More Info below for details.)
- Oil feed & oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, preferred for sustained boost conditions
- High-flow air intake configuration with reusable air filter and specially designed inlet ducts for superior fit
- Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat-resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps
- OE-type cast aluminum or billet aluminum mounting bracketry for rigidity and a factory-installed appearance
- Compatible with factory OBD-II engine management systems
JEGS Easy Kits are designed by JEGS high performance racing professionals to help you get all the performance parts you need for your race car, hot rod or truck.
I have a 383 stroker what compression do they usually put in that motor
With the side mount super charger does it matter the compression ratio
So I would need a blow through carb ? My 850 holley won't work ?
Would this work on my 1997 5.7 vortec
Will it work with a SBC with compression ratio of 10.1
will this work on a LS1 engine if it is converted to carburetor setup
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.