In 2007, ATK launched a High-Performance Division with one of the finest engine shops in the country. By reverse-engineering all of their engines, they are able to eliminate any OEM deficiencies. This makes an ATK built crate engine has a superior design over the original engine by incorporating better components when needed. ATK HP engines feature a 24 month/unlimited mile warranty.
This 383 engine is designed for 1987-1995 GM trucks with throttle body injection (TBI). ECM needs a chip burned to run properly.
- Horsepower: 320 hp
- Torque: 395 lb/ft
- Seasoned OE 4 bolt main 1pc seal 1987-1995
- Bore/Stroke: 4.040" x 3.750"
- Displacement: 383ci
- Crankshaft: Scat Nodular Iron
- Balance: External rear, internal front
- Rods: Scat I beam 5.7" with ARP 8740 bolts
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Pistons: Hypereutectic
- Rings: Moly
- Camshaft: Hydraulic roller
- Cam Duration @ .050": Intake 198 / Exhaust 210
- Cam Lift: Intake .435" / Exhaust .462"
- Lobe Separation Angle: 116lsa
- Timing Chain: Double roller
Cylinder Head Information:
- Cylinder Heads: OE TBI cast iron
- Combustion Chamber: 67cc
- Valve Size: 1.94" Intake / 1.50" Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel 1.5
Oil Pan Information:
- Oil Pan: Rear sump 5qt (not for Chevelles with steering behind crossmember, some Corvettes, and 1962-1967 Chevy II's
- Oil Pump: Melling standard volume
- Short Block
- Timing Set
- Cylinder Heads
- Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump & Pickup Tube
Notes: Engine is meant for 1987-1995 Chevy Trucks with a 350 TBI engine. ECM needs a chip burned to run properly.