Connecting Rod Bearings
- H Series Bearings - High-Performance Bearing
- N Series Bearings - Narrowed for greater crankshaft fillet clearance
- D Series Bearings - Bearing has dowel hole
- K Series Bearings - High performance bearing with proprietary TriArmor coating applied to the bearing surface.
These Tri-Metal 77 engine bearings combine the strength of a copper-lead alloy layer with steel backing and an electroplated babbitt metal. The steel backing provides strength and durability; the babbitt overlay provides the critical surface characteristics of slipperiness and conformability. This ideal design has properties not even found in many original equipment bearings. Clevite offers main bearings, rod bearings and cam bearings in this series.H Series -
Part Number Key
- H - High-Performance
- HD - High-Performance bearing with dowel hole
- HK - High-Performance bearing with moly/graphite coating
- P - Standard Clevite 77 tri-metal bearing
- M - Blown Fuel Engine bearing for severe crankshaft deflections & edge loading
- N - High-Performance Narrowed for greater crankshaft fillet clearance
- HG - High-Performance full angular grooved bearing
- V - High-Performance with Lead Indium overlay (On Main Sets this indicates partial groove also)
- VG - High-Performance with Lead Indium full angular grooved bearing
- D - Bearing has a dowel hole
- K - Tri-Armor coated bearing
- X - Bearing has .001 more oil clearance than standard
- XX - Bearing has .002 more oil clearance than standard
- A or AL - Indicates Aluminum bearing material
Note: Clevite main and cam bearings are priced as sets; rod bearings are priced each unless noted.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.