ARP's Main Studs offer a few advantages over both OEM and main bolts. Studs are recommended over bolts due to the ability to obtain more accurate torque readings because studs don’t “twist” into the block. Also, elimination of main cap walk and fretting, as well as precise alignment of caps. These studs are manufactured from 8740 chrome moly steel, heat-treated to 190,000 psi tensile strength and precision J-form threads rolled after heat-treated to create a fastener that has threads 2000% stronger than others. For some applications, there are provisions for mounting windage trays and have specially designed standoff studs with serrated lock nuts to position the windage tray and lock it securely in place. All kits come complete with hardened parallel-ground washers and high quality nuts. Also available in Main Bolts.
- Obtains more accurate torque readings over bolts
- Eliminates main cap walk and fretting
- 8740 chrome moly steel
- 190,000 tensile strength
- Heat-treated and thread-rolled
- Some applications have provisions for mounting windage trays
- Includes hardened parallel-ground washers and high quality nuts