Tuff Stuff's Hitachi Gear Reduction Starters are hand-built from premium quality new components for long term durability, tested and manufactured in the USA. Gear reduction starters use gears to reduce the speed of a higher-speed electric motor in order to extract more torque. These starters produce up to 40% more torque over OE starters for cranking more higher-compression engines. Most gear reduction style starters are considerably smaller than the OE starters and incorporate a mounting block that can be indexed to gain additional clearance. Ideal for high horsepower muscle cars, hot rods, trucks and daily-drivers. Hitachi gear reduction starters come in chrome, zinc, black and a variety of powder coated colors and are available for most popular GM and Ford applications.
- Up to 40% more torque over OE starters
- Smaller than the OE starters
- Indexed mounting block for additional oil pan and header clearance
- Ideal for higher compressions engines
- Chrome, zinc, black and a variety of powder coated colors
- Includes mounting bolts and shims where applicable
- For most popular GM and Ford applications