GM LS Engine Oil Pumps
GM LS Oil Pump Application Guide, Click Here
- Melling Select LS Oil Pump -689-10295
- JEGS Timing Cover Gasket Set -555-210866
- JEGS Balancer Bolt -555-82805
- JEGS RTV Silicone Gasket Maker -555-28035
High pressure performance upgrade for 689-M295 OE replacement oil pump. Stock volume, 10% increase in pressure over M295 oil pump. The cast aluminum housing is CNC-machined and hardcoat anodized. The cast iron cover is CNC-machined and phosphate coated. The relief valve features a screw-in valve plug with the optional lower stock pressure spring supplied. The factory LS oil pump suffers from cavitation above 6,200 RPM, which results in a drop in oil flow of nearly 1 GPM by 7,000 RPM. This cavitation can also aerate the oil, which causes drops in oil pressure and can result in oil starvation. This is why we do not recommend shifting any higher than 6,200 RPM with a stock engine. Engines that run at RPM's above 6,200 should use an upgraded Melling pump to prevent these issues. This higher maximum pressure can also help negate drops in oil pressure caused by the addition of an oil cooler setup. This oil pump is compatible with 4.8L and 6.0L Vortec iron block engines featuring Variable Valve Timing (VVT). This oil pump should NOT be used with engines that feature Active Fuel Management (AFM) or Displacement on Demand (DoD). Engines with AFM/DoD require a higher flow pump. See Melling p/n 689-10355 for AFM/DoD engines.
- High pressure performance upgrade for M295
- Stock volume (factory volumetric flow rate, around 6.8 GPM), 10% increase in pressure over M295 oil pump
- 33 PSI Pressure Relief Valve Spring
- 0.96 Displ (cuin/rev)
- The cast aluminum housing is CNC machined and hardcoat anodized
- The cast iron cover is CNC machined and phosphate coated. The cover also features countersunk screws for more timing cover clearance.
- The relief valve features a screw in valve plug with the optional lower stock pressure spring supplied
- Compatible with factory GM oil pickup tubes / 1-1/4" screens
Fits GM GEN III & IV LS and Vortec Engines Without AFM/DOD Applications:
- Gen III LS blocks LS1, LS6
- Gen IV LS blocks LS2, LS3
- Gen III Vortec 4800 LR4, LM7
- Gen III Vortec 5300 LM7, L59, LM4, L33
- Gen III Vortec 6000 LQ4, LQ9
- Gen IV Vortec 4800 LY2, L20
- Gen IV Vortec 5300 LH8, LH9
- Gen IV Vortec 6000 L98, L96, LY6, L9H
- Gen IV Vortec 6200 L92, L9H
My Buick oil pump has a part number 12556436. Will this pump replace that?
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.