Universal Muscle Car Wiring Harnesses
This 21-Circuit Universal Muscle Car Harness can be used in just about any vehicle where basic wiring is needed. Many 1960s and 1970s GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles utilize a square bulkhead connector to penetrate the firewall. This harness provides you a fuse block with this feature and the benefits of spade type fuses. Some firewall modification may be required depending on your application.
- Number of Circuits: 21
- Harness Length: Universal
- Fuse Type: Blade & Maxi Fuse
- Firewall Passthrough: Bulkhead Connector
- Color Code Based: Universal
- Circuit Designations: Printed on Wires
This harness includes circuits for:
- Headlight Switch- Power to headlight switch. Power wires out of headlight switch to head light dimmer switch, tail lights, dash lights and park lights.
- Dimmer Switch wires include power from headlight switch and power out to low and high beam headlights.
- Wiper Switch- Power to wiper switch. You will need to retain the wires between the wiper switch and your wiper motor.
- Turn Signal Switch- Power into and out of your column mounted turn signal switch. Also included in this kit are both styles of GM turn switch connectors. Note: these will connect to most aftermarket and factory steering columns.
- Ignition Switch- Power into and out of to fuse block (ignition, crank and accessory)
- Brake Switch- Power into and out of brake switch. This includes a third brake light wire.
- Courtesy Lights- Power and ground circuits for dome light activation.
- Alternator- Charge wire and alternator field activation wires. (Most alternators can easily be wired up to this Painless harness). Included in kit is a high output alternator wire that allows you to use up to a 140 Amp alternator.
- Horn- 40 Amp horn relay mounted to fuseblock
- Radio- Harness includes constant B+ (for preset memory) and ignition hot circuits for any aftermarket or factory radio.
- Starter- Crank signal wire for starter solenoid.
- Engine section wires including electric choke, coil power, coil to tach signal, oil pressure, engine temperature, and A/C compressor clutch control wire.
- Headlight section wires including right and left high and low beam headlights, turn signals and park lights.
- Tail section wires including tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, fuel gauge sender, third brake light, and reverse lights.
- Dash panel section wires including fuel, temperature, oil pressure, voltage, tachometer, speedometer, high beam and turn indicators and gauge illumination.
- Also included in kit is a fuseblock mounting bracket, rubber grommet, 4-inch zip ties, 70 Amp maxi fuse and a large assortment of crimp style connectors.
Can your electrical system handle the power demands of today's aftermarket add-ons? It can if it's Painless! These muscle car harnesses use the best thermal-crossed linked (TXL) polyethylene wire rated to 275 degrees at 600 volts (twice the voltage load of standard GPT wire). That's power on demand! Features:
Can your electrical system handle the power demands of today's aftermarket add-ons? It can if it's Painless! These muscle car harnesses use the best thermal-crossed linked (TXL) polyethylene wire rated to 275 degrees at 600 volts (twice the voltage load of standard GPT wire). That's power on demand!
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber. Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
WARNING: The wires of these products contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.